WIP Beta released Demolition Derby - The Fair Grounds 10.8.1 DEMO

Derby and Racing Scenario - Figure 8, Grass, Concrete, Mud and More

1. VolticDragon

VolticDragon
    Expand Collapse

I think I'm also having a similar problem on my end. Whenever the game slows down to call the winner the game just crashes instead. I wasn't sure if it was the scenario doing it or if my game was just having issues.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Tayfow805

Tayfow805
    Expand Collapse

I'm having the exact same issue.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

I would need a copy of your beamng.log files to see what is causing the problem.

4. KVN

KVN
    Expand Collapse

Game crashes at the final two cars.... I also get counted out in under 8 seconds if you get stuck on another car, meanwhile they don't move for over a minute and don't get counted out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. carkillerman12

carkillerman12
    Expand Collapse

same, and what sucks is when ever i am gonna make a big hit the game crashes

6. Smirkyguy

Smirkyguy
    Expand Collapse

has anyone sent in a crash log yet? i would be willing to send one

7. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Is there any vehicle class that includes the Piccolina?

8. SpeedRacer2019

SpeedRacer2019
    Expand Collapse

Hello Bidwars.....First of all, just want to thank you for making this mod....I've been waiting for a realistic Demolition Derby mod or game like this, for many years and always wondered why no game developer took the task on, but you are doing a great job with this mod. I love the realism in this. I too am having the problem that the previous people reported, where the game simply hangs/crashes when you're down to the end of the derby session. It doesn't show any results and then it crashes. If I try to avoid that by going out to main menu before it crashes, then it still seems to crash behind the scenes as I cannot re-start another derby, it makes you go out and completely restart the BeamNG.drive game itself, and then re-start the scenario again. I've posted a log per your request.

Attached Files:

9. Smirkyguy

Smirkyguy
    Expand Collapse

For anyone wondering, Bidwars has fixed the crashing problem, he just has not released the fix to the public yet.
    Also, i was wondering when we will get a piccolina derby too, similar to the pigeons

10. random_troll

random_troll
    Expand Collapse

For some reason I cant seem to get danielr high speed figure 8 to show up on my arena drop down. Does it only work with the app? I tried unpacking both mods and clearing my cache but it didnt seem to help.

11. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

It looks like that mod has not been updated yet to work with my mod. It will not show in the arena drop down but will be it's own mod. You will be able to just pick his mod from the scenario's list. If you don't want to wait for his update you can download the unreleased mod from here. https://www.beamng.com/attachments/highspeedfigure8v02-zip.542385/ Danielr posted this a few post back on this forum.
    --- Post updated ---
    Hope to have this and the Hopper added on the next update.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Led_Fütt_Racing

Led_Fütt_Racing
    Expand Collapse

Any way to get the bus derby back or, better yet, a bus category? ( large cars, trucks/suv/van, midsize cars, BUSES) in version 10 can't smash the buses anymore. Used to do "random" and choose a bus but now you can't :(

13. Melonconsumer

Melonconsumer
    Expand Collapse

Hello, if anyone could help me. I cannot do the concrete figure eight race. What Happens is all the cars spawn, but none of the cars move. If somebody helps me out. this will be the only thing i do all summer Thankyou <3

14. Melonconsumer

Melonconsumer
    Expand Collapse

None of the cars will spawn during figure 8 race. i can drive but AI wont drive. Could anyone please help

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

Bus option should be back on the next update :)

16. 456pivot

456pivot
    Expand Collapse

I'm so happy to find out that I'm not the only one. I thought I had conflicting mods, but I'm glad I don't have to sift through them to find out.

17. ChickenZed

ChickenZed
    Expand Collapse

How exactly does installing this work? Do you need to install the mods? One of the mods is unsupported. I'm confused.

18. ChickenZed

ChickenZed
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. Same here. When a derby finishes, instead of showing a results screen, the game crashes, but doesnt stop responding. The game just freezes, I cant do anything, and the audio glitches out. I cant even close the window with the X button, I have to use task manager to close BeamNG Keep in mind, BeamNG doesn't do that "*app here* has stopped responding" window, it just freezes. This might be due to the fact that I didnt install the mods, but when I do the derbies I'm sure to set the derby to "No Mods". I cant imagine whats causing this bug, but it should probably be fixed soon.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

bidwars updated Demolition Derby - The Fair Grounds with a new update entry:

Alpha Update 10.1.0 - Cash to desktop error

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 3
  20. VolticDragon

VolticDragon
    Expand Collapse

Might I ask, what decides how many heats there are? I had been doing some testing with different numbers of cars, and the first one to actually bring back all the heat winners was at 4 cars, with 2 heats and a feature. When I had been running 3 car heats, one of the winners didn't come back due to the game keeping to the number of opponents.

If I could manage 6 cars per heat, would there be 3 heats bringing 2 winners for a 6 car feature? (Also an interesting note is that if you change to a different car for one of the initial heats, it will take the original car to the feature without a scratch. Makes sense, since that was what you were given initially)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice