Delco Megane

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by crimsonskull, Jul 28, 2013.

1. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

Delco Megane 2.jpg Delco Megane.jpg
    this will be your 2 door japanese sports car. great for drifts and other rubbish.

2. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Awesome! Can you make a Tokyo drift version? Large spoiler, dropped low, sexy body kit, carbon fiber hood, nice deep dish dubs

3. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

of course! there will be a body kit and a wide body kit included. tomorrow im taking a turbocharged 240sx to Autodrome St. eustache in quebec. 6 hour drive from ontario. but hopefully well get some good sounds.

4. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

sounds like fun!

5. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

Cool car, it looks like you have some backfaces and/or double vertices though. Unless I don't understand how 3DS max displays issues like that. :p A wireframe would also be interesting to see. :)

6. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

delco megane wireframe.jpg
    Here you go.
    inb4 people complaining i have a shit mesh.

7. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

No, you don't at all. Sure it could be a bit lower-poly, but it's definitely not a bad model. :)

8. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

Ahhhh why this obsession with low poly. That absoloutly does not need any polies removing.
    1. we do not know what beamng can handle so don't remove stuff unless it lags at the release.

2. That is not a particulaly high poly model in the first place (its very well made)

3. poly's are not what will cause an issue with this game, complex node Ben structured will (they did with ror)

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh why this obsesion with low poly. This model looks great. The mesh is smooth and there aren't millions of polys. This car wouldn't lag ror let alone beamng wich I assume will be more efficient.

9. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

I don't say it because I think it will lag, as I know it won't. I tell people this because people who are lazy and create too many polys often end up with a lumpy, ugly looking mesh. I'm just reminding people to be wary of that fact.

1. Better safe than sorry. I'd rather play it safe then have to modify the mesh later on.

2. It's too high-poly for what it is. Unless Crimsomskull is going to put a lot more curves on this, the polys he has aren't needed.

3. And if you get a lumpy mesh, it will cause issues in BeamNG since the shading would be off, which affects the normal maps and reflections. And N/Bs caused no issues by themselves, it was people who didn't build them right that made the vehicles buggy.

I'm not just some noob randomly saying "Keep it low poly!" for no reason. I speak from experience with past models, and from what I've heard about BeamNG from the devs. ;)

10. Fradias

Fradias
    Expand Collapse

Awesome model, I just don't understand why you have all the polys there yet you don't curve your pillars :p listen to the big gabester bro :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice