1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

dead mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valhallatchaboy, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Valhallatchaboy

Valhallatchaboy
    Expand Collapse

I hope i dont start anything or open old wounds. I was going to make an indepth look at Beamng through out the years and wanted to start with mods.

Ive seen a lot of mods come and go for only one reason. That reason being modders were fed up with russian mod sites stealing their hardwork.

I want to know has there been a mod out there thats been taken down or abandoned due to drama, or life becoming busy for the modder? If theres any reason and any mods out there like this let me know for my video.

Again i do not want to start anything and if the forum mods deem this too sensitive of a subject ill understand if they lock it or delete it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Mods that don't have dedicated threads typically just lose support because of the author being not dedicated enough, too lazy to update them or just busy. Meanwhile with dramas often a whole thread gets deleted or locked and forgotten. The Russian sites are only one of the many reasons, but in this case the thread remains, so people have a safer way to download the mod than those sites. Also generally if you make more and more mods it eventually becomes impossible to maintain ALL of them so most lose support over time. And there's also the case with inexperienced modders simply not knowing how to fix their mods. I would suggest looking through the repo, then through locked threads, to find examples. Probably the most well known examples of mods discontinued due to drama recently are GTA map ports and the Dodge Charger mod.

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice