WIP Beta released D-up 029

Pickup Truck Parts (and Roamer and Hopper)

1. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

@go-for - this problem is clearly on your end. As you can see from the counter, D-up has thousands of downloads and nobody else is unable to spawn "ANY D-SERIES with THIS MOD in the GAME!". I'd appreciate you removing your ridiculous review.

screenshot_00070_crop.jpg

If you come to the discussion thread for help instead of inappropriately posting a negative review you'll probably find a fix. My mod was created with plenty of attention to compatibility. Simply put, if it breaks something which I didn't create it's probably not my fault - it might be something you did or it could be the fault of another mod author.
    1. Are you on the current game versoin (v0.7.0.2)?
    2. Are you running any other mods?
    3. Please post photos and a log file from Documents\BeamNG.drive\beamng.log as well. In order to generate the log: open the game, load "Grid, Small, Pure", then try to load some D-Series configs and then quit the game. (after that please upload it here using the "Upload a File" button which is next to the "Post Reply" button)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marcus_gt500

Marcus_gt500
    Expand Collapse

#42 Marcus_gt500, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  3. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I'm certainly not planning any acrylic hoods. The rest isn't on any kind of hit list, but then again neither is almost anything else. I'm not ruling out things like snorkels or tube chassis - just not immediately planning on adding any.

I didn't find anywhere on @Crash Hard 01's new ToughTruckMap which seemed to require a snorkel. For testing that I used the stock, factory, D15.

Nice looking build you linked to btw - thanks for the link.

#43 torsion, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  4. Teamlyons

Teamlyons
    Expand Collapse

I noticed the D-Series and Roamer share a lot of parts. Would it be possible by any chance to include a 5-Inch body lift for the Roamer? I would also love to see larger lifts if possible to allow larger tires to be fitted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

torsion updated D-up with a new update entry:

Roamer Body Lift

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 3
  6. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Please use the report button and do not quote when you see something like this. :)
    @Teamlyons @GatheringAgate @namos1983 - I've (somewhat roughly) adapted the body lift for the Roamer. I think it looks good. http://www.beamng.com/resources/d-up.1485/update?update=3892
    --- Post updated ---
    @Cheeseballs - Yes, a C-notch is totally possible in the game. I have done some testing with a notched JBEAM, but have not worked on a mesh. The front end needs more work to get low than the rear end. FWIW ideally I'd like to be able to lay frame.

7. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

8. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I don't think I've seen that before. Thanks for the link!

For better or worse a lot of the stuff ADAM001 added seems to have been superceded by official content. (solid axle, solid axle frame, brush guard, work rack, supercharger, ext cab) Some of the other stuff will outmoded when the drivetrain update comes (transmissions, transfer case, diff). It could be argued that the gap filled by the truggy is now filled by the pig, although clearly they are not the same thing and it wouldn't be a bad thing to have both.

Here's else is left that's of interest:
    • "Grazer" body
    • offroad tires (I think these are listed as crawler wheels?)
    • Full 4-link
    • van stuff?
    • bumper with stinger?
    If @ADAM001 needs any help with fixing stuff I'm happy to give advice. Really it's probably just as easy to create this sort of thing from scratch. Game updates make enough changes to the vehicles to make rehabilitating old mods a real chore at times. That's why I created my wheelie monster from scratch - it was easier than fixing what was already available for older versions! (plus I wanted to do things a little differently as compared to the older wheelie mods)

For what it's worth: 4-links and tires are definitely on my mind.

9. GatheringAgate

GatheringAgate
    Expand Collapse

Wait. When did I say something about the Roamer?

10. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

loving this mod so far, do you have any plans on the front suspension? Would love to see a coil spring conversion for the front.

11. Pervin.M

Pervin.M
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Small name suggestion: what about d-beast ? I think it fits well for truck

12. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I don't have any immediate plans. I'm continuing to consider the options for both lifted and lowered suspensions - front and rear. I have not been considering a coil spring conversion for the front. In real life I think that a coil spring conversion would be an intermediate step between leaf spring and coilover. If I do any lifted suspensions they'll probably be limited to lifted leaf springs (simple and common) and full coilover conversions.

I also suspect that it would not be easy to make a coil spring deform in a believable way. The physics engine can't simulate coil springs at this scale, so what we'd end up doing is slapping a mesh representing a big, wide, flexy, bow-y coil spring on top of a narrow and non-flexing spring which only compresses in a linear way. It would look very video-gamey.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I'll go with that one for any of the current parts at least. I'm looking for one or more brand names which would blend seamlessly into this list (which is compiled from these two locations (1,2) on Summit Racing):
    upload_2016-11-3_18-43-15.png

13. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

Torsion Trail Truck Torsion Suspension Systems
    any good?

14. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

TTT
    TSS

Here's the acronyms. You're welcome.

15. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

i was trying to think of catchy names with catchy acronyms lol

16. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

17. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

18. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Are you saying that you don't understand the problem? "Torsion Suspension" has important implications in the automotive world. They don't match up with the type of parts we are talking about. Like if you named your umbrella company "Raincoats Unlimited"...

19. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

CreakFlex? Offroad Solutions? RoughStuff Suspension Systems? Superparts Automotive? Crawler Corps LLC? Ranch's Body Blocks?

20. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Yes, this is the type of suggestion I'm looking for. Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice