WIP Beta released D-up 029

Pickup Truck Parts (and Roamer and Hopper)

1. thatdudeinthesubaru

thatdudeinthesubaru
    Expand Collapse

Damn. The other parts work so that's ok. Thanks mate! :)

Cheers,
    ThatDudeInTheSubaru

2. Marcus_gt500

Marcus_gt500
    Expand Collapse

Hey friend, another idea for you. Your shortened chassis is perfect to build a buggy like this one. A cut cab with only the floor and firewall to place the seat and wheel will do the job.

For inspiration click here:
    http://bugsnbuggies.tumblr.com/

3. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Good link, thanks for that. FWIW while buggies are always on my mind (same as everyone else, right?) I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for one. That doesn't mean never, and your example is really good at convincing. ;-) ... but there's still a lot of modeling work involved in getting something like that. That frame seems to have more removed than just what's behind the rear spring hangers - I think it's had some removed from the middle and whatever they could take off of the front too. The radiator has supports that need to be modeled, there's a small cage to hold stuff in place in front of the driver and then there's the custom supports under the seat and the custom bed.. lots of modeling and jbeam work.

@Ai'toror[PL] I do plan to add the 5in body lift to the extended frame. I'm not too sure about the dually wheels/tires. Is that a big thing? Convince me with a link?

Part of the problem is that the game currently models the dual rear wheels as one big tire, so even if you do convince me I'll have to wait until we can do something about that.

4. Mudcountry96

Mudcountry96
    Expand Collapse

For some reason my bed lift works but by body stays the same spot as stock did I install it wrong or did the download mess up? If you can please fix
    Read more about this resource...[/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

• 1476405745749-1879644056.jpg
  5. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Neither. You need to update your BeamNG installation to v0.7+, this mod depends on fixes from the latest version of the game.

6. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

@Ai'toror[PL] I do plan to add the 5in body lift to the extended frame. I'm not too sure about the dually wheels/tires. Is that a big thing? Convince me with a link?

Part of the problem is that the game currently models the dual rear wheels as one big tire, so even if you do convince me I'll have to wait until we can do something about that.[/QUOTE]

http://cdn.pinthiscars.com/images/dodge-ram-3500-lifted-with-stacks-wallpaper-1.jpg

I think that with the lifted extended frame dually would just look way better :) And isn't it possible to just attach 2 offroad wheels together the same way as you attach bumper to the frame so game would recognize them as 2 wheels ?

7. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, here's a better link for that truck - http://www.trucktrend.com/cool-trucks/0808-8l-1998-dodge-ram-3500-crew-cab/

No, I don't believe that it is that simple in the game. (FWIW that's also not how dually wheels work IRL - you don't get to just bolt two "offroad" wheels together and attach them to one of the rear hubs.)

8. Remington

Remington
    Expand Collapse

I think Liftworks would be a nice name, also has the steering wheel bug been fixed?

9. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

That sounds pretty legit - thanks for the suggestion.
    This is mostly a game limitation - prop types other than SPOTLIGHT do not respond to nodeOffset. It certainly won't be fixed in between BeamNG releases and I don't necessarily expect a fix to be in the next game release or two either. This mod was facilitated by a bugfix in v0.7+... before that nodeOffset had another problem as well for quite some time. The dev team has a lot of different projects on their plate (both new work and fixes) and I doubt that getting props fixed up for nodeOffset will be at the top of the list. Brace yourself - it could be many months before you see that particular problem resolved.

10. Marcus_gt500

Marcus_gt500
    Expand Collapse

I have a idea for the steering wheel. Make a static one, put in place like a acessory. Then you remove the actual one. It will not steer, but will look better.

11. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

That doesn't address the pedals, gauge needles, etc. It also only works for configs. Dynamically building a truck using the parts chooser will automatically add the misbehaving props. You'll have your "dummy" wheel in addition to another wheel below it (plus the other stuff). Doesn't sound attractive at all.

If I wanted to I could do extra work and generate a new set of props for the 5in bodylift. Another additional set will also be necessary for any additional body lifts that are created. That will turn into a bunch of wasted effort when this game limitation/bug is fixed.

I've got a plan and it's "wait for the devs to fix it".

12. p-p-potato

p-p-potato
    Expand Collapse

Since now we can put single cab on extended frame and extended cab on regular frame, do you think you could add a short bed and long bed to work with this?

13. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

14. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

15. JayPlaysBeamNG

JayPlaysBeamNG
    Expand Collapse

How 'bout Torsions Trux?

16. grayman9000

grayman9000
    Expand Collapse

How About LiftDudes, trucks and More

17. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

18. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

i have the GREATEST IDEA EVER.....

Attached Files:

• 20161021185552_1.jpg
    • 20161021185659_1.jpg
  19. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

@wubbalo7 - A review isn't the appropriate place to ask for help. This is the discussion thread for the mod and this is the appropriate place to ask for help. I'm happy to help out, but I'd appreciate it if you delete your review for now. Your current review is clearly acting as a place for you to ask a question and not as a place for you to express your opinion on the mod. (4/5 stars for a mod with big orange no-texture warnings on everything seems a bit generous ;))
    1. What method did you use to install the mod?
      You should be using one of the official methods - http://wiki.beamng.com/Installing_Content
    2. What other mods do you have installed?
    3. Please attach a copy of your log to this thread:
      1. Open the game.
      2. Load Gridmap.
      3. Load the D-series.
      4. Install a set of the affected [orange] tires.
      5. Quit the game.
      6. Find the log file here: Documents\BeamNG.drive\beamng.log
      7. Use the "Upload a File" button when replying to this post and attach that file.

#39 torsion, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  20. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

(response to question received via PM) @ford is awsome - As I think you've surmised, it's definitely not the mod. This is a limitation of the official content. :-( For example -
    1. Spawn the official D15 'Marauder' (M) config.
    2. Pull up Vehicle Customization -> Tuning
    3. Increase front/rear ride height.
    4. Enjoy the truck pulling to the side severely. :-/
    This is actually similar to a problem that happens in real. As the truck is lifted, steering linkages, driveshafts, and other parts must sometimes be modified to provide the increased lengths needed to accommodate the lift.

One way to combat this in the game is to install the Quick Ratio Off-Road Steering found under "Steering" in the Front Suspension. After installing that part you'll be able to adjust "Front Steering Center" in the Tuning section. Don't be afraid to make large adjustments but in order to get something useful you'll usually have to do some delicate tweaking as well. This doesn't solve the underlying problem, just helps combat it.

#40 torsion, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice