WIP Beta released Customizable Engines and Drivetrains 1.4.1

Customizable engines and transmissions that can be personalized with tuning window

1. EcoWagon

EcoWagon
    Expand Collapse

I'm having a bit of an issue when i go to the parts menu and select the turbo option and if i use either the supercharger or turbocharger it says vehicle fatality reset to revolve the issue and i do but it doesn't work.

2. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

Gonna push a update for the weekend, for now it's only a fix for the SBR4 missing exhaust tips, and I want some more stuff in it, so anyone got change suggestions or bugs that need fixing please tell me. :D
    --- Post updated ---
    Is that with any vehicle or is it on a specific vehicle? Because it's not anything i've ever come across messing with the mod, nor is it anytihng I've seen complaints/comments about.
    So only thing I can say is what everyone says, try clearing cache, and remember to always remove old mod files when updating the mod.
    I can look into it, but I need more information.

3. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

I can confirm that this happens with ETK 800-series and K-series. No idea what is causing it though(I can't find anything wrong in the jbeam)
    Also the T-series doesn't have a supercharger, but that's probably intentional since it isn't in the jbeam either.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00287.png
    • screenshot_00288.png
    • screenshot_00289.png
  4. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

I could've sworn that that worked when I updated the mod. Neither of the two aspiration 1 aspirations work, there were beams and nodes missing for them, I fixed that but the game still gets fatal exception.
    All the cars use the same exact slotType for aspirations, so even if a car doesnt have the files for it, it will load from another car, gonna check if that's what's causing wierd bugs.

EDIT: I've found where the problem lays, it's here:
    Code:
            "engineDef":[
                //engineRPM, efficiency, exhaustFactor
                [0,        0.0,    0.0],
                ["$rpm1",  0.1,    0.1],
                ["$rpm2",  0.2,    0.2],
                ["$rpm3",  1.0,    0.75],
                ["$rpm4",  1.0,    0.75],
                ["$rpm5",  1.0,    0.75],
                ["$rpm6",  1.0,    0.80],
                ["$rpm7",  1.0,    0.85],
                ["$rpm8",  1.0,    0.90],
                ["$rpm9",  1.0,    0.95],
                ["$rpma",  1.0,    1.0],
            ],
    For some reason that does not work on the new ETK's, I have no clue why, because it works on all the other cars. But if you change the "$rpm1" variables to a normal number like 1000 then 2000 etc., it works. But then the turbos wont be customizable to fit the engine you're working on.

#144 warkus, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  5. EcoWagon

EcoWagon
    Expand Collapse

Maybe add different sound Variations to the engines.

6. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

The sound files each have names that the jbeams open/use, so it's not a number you can just change with a tuning slider. So I'm not sure if it's possible.

7. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

It's not possible to change the sound file that the engine uses, but it's possible to change the settings("maxLoadMix","onLoadGain", etc.). With this you could theoretically change the sound from a racecar to a luxury limousine just by moving a few sliders. Hovewer there's no information about what each of the settings does and most users(including myself) don't want to spend half a day figuring it out.

8. EcoWagon

EcoWagon
    Expand Collapse

i realized when i tried to make an engine with a specific amount of torque from another vehicle the power amount was roughly 1/3 lower than the amount you put in but my solution would be use a calculator and multiply the torque by 1.5.

9. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

That's probably caused by non-customizable parameters like friction and inertia - the difference can be quite significant(for example the 5.5L v8 has almost double amount of friction compared to the 1.5L dohc i4)

10. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

never mind I just figured out the lock torque setting is only on the Manuel transmission

#150 trm7, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  11. ignito

ignito
    Expand Collapse

How do you figure out and change what type of engine you have. For example, the new Pessima has either I4 or V6 engines, so would i be able to choose the amount of cylinders in the customizable engine, as well as how big it is? Like changing from 2.7L V6 to 3.5L?

12. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

The engines have fixed models, as far as I know only numbers can be changed with tuning, meaning that things like engine model and such can not be changed by tuning.
    Engines in BeamNG works by generating a torque curve from specific torque values at specific RPM point, so things like displacement isn't a thing, it's just the name they gave to the engine to make it more realistic. You can make a 2000hp and name it a 1L I3 if you want too.

13. ignito

ignito
    Expand Collapse

What engine model does the customizable engine default to if a car has more than one type of engine (such as the Pessima with I4 and V6 variants)? Also, how would I go about saving my tuning as a new engine?

14. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

Most of the engines got their models taken from the most powerful engine for that car, so probably the V6, you could just remove the hood and look if you want to know. That part of the mod I did like 1.5 years ago so I don’t remember exact.

15. ignito

ignito
    Expand Collapse

Ah, alright. Thanks man.

16. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

Gonna push a update for Nitrous in the begining of next week, if there's any small bugs found that I can kill too, then now's the time to tell me.

The turbos for ETK K and ETK 800 I can not find a fix for, for reasons stated above.

Edit: ETK K and ETK 800 cuztomizable turbos are a bug with the game, nothing I can fix.

#156 warkus, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  17. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to change the plan a bit, after the game having been updated quite a few times since this mod first got made, the composition of the game files has changed quite alot, so the game files and the CE files are not the same anymore in alot of places. They still work, but i fear there might be bugs comming soon, so I'm working on completely redoing the entire mod instead of just pushing a quick update for Customizable nitrous, which there already is a mod for. which means the update will be delayed maybe a week or two (working full time and busy on the weekends), if anyone actually reads this, thanks for your patience.

#157 warkus, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

Take as much time as you want - this mod deserves a proper re-write.(not like my 0.8 update where I was learning jbeam on the go and had to sometimes rely on trial and error to make things work.)While you're at it I think it would be great to add customizable sequntial gearboxes. Their jbeam is very similar to DCTs so they should be easy to add.

19. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

Aren't their jbeams infact almost identical? The only real difference I find between them is this:
    Code:
    "powertrain": [
            ["type", "name", "inputName", "inputIndex"],
            ["frictionClutch", "clutch", "mainEngine", 1],
            ["sequentialGearbox", "gearbox", "clutch", 1],
    Code:
    "powertrain": [
            ["type", "name", "inputName", "inputIndex"],
            ["dctGearbox", "gearbox", "mainEngine", 1],
        ],

20. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

there's also this:
    DCT
    Code:
      "slots": [
            ["type", "default", "description"],
            ["sbr_transfer_case","sbr_transfer_case_RWD", "Transfer Case"{"coreSlot":true}],
            ["sbr_differential_R","sbr_differential_R", "Rear Differential"],
    sequential
    Code:
        "slots": [
            ["type", "default", "description"],
            ["sbr_flywheel","sbr_flywheel_race","Flywheel", {"coreSlot":true}],
            ["sbr_transfer_case","sbr_transfer_case_RWD", "Transfer Case"{"coreSlot":true}],
            ["sbr_differential_R","sbr_differential_R", "Rear Differential"],

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice