WIP Beta released Customizable Engines and Drivetrains 1.4.1

Customizable engines and transmissions that can be personalized with tuning window

1. Armoured Cheese

Armoured Cheese
    Expand Collapse

I really miss this mod. so, genuine question, just how hard would it be to update as someone who hasn't done this before. I would be willing to give it a go, but I would probably need showing what to do.

2. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

It's not that hard. It's mostly just copy paste, but it's an extremely boring proces and it's also quite time consuming.

3. Armoured Cheese

Armoured Cheese
    Expand Collapse

could you give me an example using the barstow engine file?

4. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

I'm not currently home, but sure I could do that later when I get home. Otherwise you could try yourself, just replace everything except the tuning parts in the CE file with the normal file. Then for differential and such you need to look in the suspension files of the car.

5. Armoured Cheese

Armoured Cheese
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I think I have a rough idea of what needs doing. Looks like the files are now ordered slightly differently? Not quite sure enough to know what to change. Thanks a lot for taking the time to show me though, much appreciated.

6. PinheadLarry

PinheadLarry
    Expand Collapse

If you can get this to work like it used to, you will 100% be my hero. I genuinely wish I could actually do this, but it's so far out of my comfort zone I know I couldn't.

7. pingel88

pingel88
    Expand Collapse

Someone PLEEEEEASE update this mod. This is my absolute favorite mod ever created for this game, out of the 150 or so that I've had. I am literally holding off from updating to .8 until THIS mod will work with it. I neeeeeeed it.

8. Touldy

Touldy
    Expand Collapse

9. Monrealese

Monrealese
    Expand Collapse

If it would be possible for this mod getting an update, I'd be so happy. It's by far my favourite mod.
    Is there any prospect on this?

10. Sir Savage

Sir Savage
    Expand Collapse

Is there any way i can downgrade to make this work?

• Like Like x 1
  11. PinheadLarry

PinheadLarry
    Expand Collapse

As far as I'm aware the only way you can is by... Doing what you want 'cause a pirate is free. :/

• Like Like x 1
  12. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

I´m working on updating this mod- I hope i will be able to fix at least the engines,transmissions and aspirations but don´t get your hopes too high.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00147.png
    • screenshot_00148.png
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Touldy

Touldy
    Expand Collapse

thank you man, this is a great mod, everybody will enjoy it again

14. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

Engines and manual transmissions are done. I´m working on aspirations now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

Please upload it in Alpha / Beta stage. We can find some bugs and have fun with that :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

Here is a WIP version of the update.
    IMPORTANT NOTES:
    -arcade shifting doesn't work properly if you change the redline, because "shiftup" and "shiftdown" parameters were deprecated in the 0.8 update-they will be re-added eventually
    -customizable manuals are added only for cars that don't already have a racing gearbox in the stock game
    -AWD bolide is unstable (front wheels explode on hard acceleration)-I don't know how to fix that at the moment
    -hopper isn't added yet
    -bugs may occur-I haven't tested everything

(mostly) finished features:
    -engines and aspirations-should work like before
    -radiators
    -added legran

planned features:
    -customizable automatics and DCTs
    -customizable differentials(for cars that don't already have them in the stock game)
    -configurations

Attached Files:

• CE.zip

File size:
      371.7 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. PinheadLarry

PinheadLarry
    Expand Collapse

Dude I legit love the progress. I noticed with the D15 that the super charger basically just kills the engine (catches fire, overheats, and melts the cylinder walls), but I don't expect you to fix it right away.

Out of curiosity, when do you think you'll do the custom automatic transmissions? Again, no rush, just incredibly curious.

18. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

Use the customizable radiator and increase the effectiveness to prevent overheating(if that isn't enough-there is a mod called "super radiators"-those radiators won't overheat).But thanks for reporting this anyway, because it led me to a different bug that i can fix now.
    I'll do automatic transmissions right after adding the hopper(which is what I'm doing right now).

19. PinheadLarry

PinheadLarry
    Expand Collapse

That was actually the first thing I tried was the custom radiator and then the super rads and it still didn't seem to fix it. Might just be something on my end though, because I had the same problem with the "real" custom engines mod.

• Like Like x 1
  20. nezmar1130

nezmar1130
    Expand Collapse

I cant wait longer. Please make new update. Your mod is the best and its very refined. I love when Pigeon has 11K rpm.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice