WIP Beta released Customizable Engines and Drivetrains 1.4.1

Customizable engines and transmissions that can be personalized with tuning window

1. Echoklang

Echoklang
    Expand Collapse

Where can i find the options ingame? I installed the mod, its in the mod folder and activated ingame but under the tuning task only the standard options are shown?

2. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

I would love it if you did, cause I see in reviews some people having problems with it, and a picture says more than a thousand words, so a video would do alot more than I could possibly type.

I think it was removed in 0.5.6, hoping it will make a return soon cause me being an engine creator, I was using it quite alot.

The mod is still not done, I will probably find ways to optimize it more and more over time, but the core of the mod will stay the same. Plus without your help this mod would probably only be in like 0.5 alfa or something now. You setting up the folders and that way teaching me how to make the .jbeams work helped me ALOT and probably saved dozens of manhours.
    --- Post updated ---
    You have to put the customizable parts on first, I can not overwrite standard parts, so that was how I had to do it. You find them under The engines, transmissions, radiators or differentials (can be found under the suspension sub "folder". I will fix a configuration for each car, that comes with the customizable parts stock for a later update.

3. John Beat

John Beat
    Expand Collapse

Okay I do not plan to make a tutorial on how to use it but its nice to know I have permission I maybe will when I get my new pc but right now vid quality would be bad so... plus I find this easy to use but very limited

4. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

I can easilly make it less limiting, it's just that I thought if I make the variables too big it will be less easy to get precise numbers, like for example letting cars get 10 000nm of torque is very easily fixable after, but then you can't really use the slider if you want exactly 378 for example, that's the only reason really.
    But again, I do it all for the community, so if there's demand for it, I can easilly remove almost all limitations.

5. 111111111

Expand Collapse

This mod is very convenient and easy to use probably one of the best mods on the forms

6. Echoklang

Echoklang
    Expand Collapse

sry but what do you mean by putting the customizable parts one first? the only parts i can change are the licens plate, frame and paint. do i have to change something in the game folders?

7. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

which car are you trying to customize? all cars in the game got a lot more customization options than that.
    Edit: oh, I see what you mean, just to the left of the text "frame" there's a arrow, click that arrow and alot more will show up, then look for for example engine, then you got an arrow on the right where it says engine, there you can change engine.

8. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

warkus updated Customizable Engines and Drivetrains with a new update entry:

Added automatic transmissons and configurations

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

10. james52498

james52498
    Expand Collapse

illuminati confirmed!

11. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

warkus updated Customizable Engines and Drivetrains with a new update entry:

Torque curve app readded and refinements

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

Can't download :(
    Sieppaa.PNG

13. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

Can't help you there mate, the file obviously exists cause I've got over 170 downloads of it. Only thing I can say is refresh page and try again.

14. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

Ah yes it works now. That was weird.

15. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your hard work! The latest update brings back the torque curve app which makes editing the graph easy as before.

Is it possible to choose different number of gears on the customization transmission?

16. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

Not as far as i know, cause that would be a variable for how many variables there is. And from what I know, that is not possible, I can make every car have like 10 gears or so, that way you can have 4 gears if you want or 8 gears, just depending on how many gears you tune. But it's really not the same thing.

17. Plymouth51b

Plymouth51b
    Expand Collapse

Why not rig the transmission thing so you have different ones when you go to select it?

For example it would say "Custom Transmission, 6-Speed M" or whatever your heart desires?

18. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that's what I am talking about. It could be like Customizable Manual Transmission 6 speed, 7 speed, 8 speed, etc.

No biggie though, I usually set the 7th, 8th, etc. gear the same ratio as my 6 if I wanted to have a 6 speed.

19. CamJKerman

CamJKerman
    Expand Collapse

I have been waiting for something like this for ages (I basically just wanted to make electric verions of all of the cars)

20. JCP2014

JCP2014
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice