Solved Custom Tyre Creation ~ Advice and Help Needed

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by CN877, Dec 13, 2018.

1. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of creating a skin and configuration pack for the Dodge Coronet. Whilst trying the create a configuration I realised the tyres I need do not currently exist in the game. Considering they don't exist I thought it would be a good opportunity to create my own design (using the jbeam and mesh from an existing tyre). The issue is I have absolutely no idea where to begin. I couldn't find anything on the wiki and then I looked in the games 'common' .zip and it was pretty overwhelming. Instead of spending hours or even days and weeks trying to figure out what to do I thought I would ask the experts.

Here is what I need help with:
    • Creating a new tyre option to fit the 15x7 classic front steel wheel (using the 195/65R15 sport tyre as a base for the mesh and jbeam). I want it to have the same grip values as Grip-All Radial T/A tyres.
    • Creating a new tyre option to fit the 15x9 classic rear steel wheel (Using the same mesh, jbeam and values as the 255/55R15 Grip-All Radial T/A rear tyres.)
    • Create a custom Goodyear skin for both - I know how to skin, just not how to apply the texture to the tyre
    Questions:
    • Do I need to copy the jbeam and mesh for the tyres in my mod, or can I just map it to the mesh and jbeam through a smaller jbeam file? (if that makes sense - hard to explain)

Any advice or help would be appreciated :)

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not asking this to be done for me (although you can if you are willing to), all I request is advice on how it can be done :)

#1 CN877, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  2. thomatoes50

thomatoes50
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

1. use one of the tires defined in `\vehicles\common\tires\tires_F_27.jbeam` with this property `"slotType" : "tire_F_15x7_alt"`
    2. use one of the tires defined in `\vehicles\common\tires\tires_R_27.jbeam` with this property `"slotType" : "tire_R_15x9"`
    3. You will need to import tires.dae, and reuse the mesh only of the one you need. (do not reuse the same name file when exporting again, do not create duplicated names), then you can modify the material name and point to your texture
    4. As those tires have normal size you can include them in your mod and keep them in the common folder so it will be available on other compatible cars
    What I recommend is creating a new folder inside common (eg: \vehicles\common\tires\mytires ).
    There you put your jbeam, mesh file, material.cs and texture.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much for the help, I’ll try it out today :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice