Cummins I6 help

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by lineman2208, Jul 10, 2016.

1. lineman2208

lineman2208
    Expand Collapse

I am trying to make a Cummins I6. I'm very new to this and need help. I started with the standard pickup I6 and copied over the semi traits. It uses the semi 12 sp transmission, and the semi turbos. The engine overheats rather quickly, but blows black smoke and has POWER. I think there is a collision that happens with the transmission and body?? Can the transmission get scaled down? All that is in the file is BeamNG i just edited it.

Attached Files:

2. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Did you copy over the radiator? That might be the cause of overheating.

3. lineman2208

lineman2208
    Expand Collapse

ahh!! That might help!! I did not

4. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

I think you should go with a 6 speed Manual for the Cummins, As in the Dodge Pickups, Normally they would probably have a 5-6 speed Manual.

5. lineman2208

lineman2208
    Expand Collapse

I changed to 6 sp man edited from the 5sp man. I am having a problem with the gear ratio. It will only do 30MPH??
    --- Post updated ---
    Oil is over heating?

6. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

Do you have an Oil cooler? Is the Radiator strong enough? And I dont know Gear Ratios, Look at some ratios from other cars 6 speeds and edit from that i guess

7. lineman2208

lineman2208
    Expand Collapse

okay I think I got it. I made a diesel radiator. Started with the HD truck radiator and copied the semi info over now it has oil cooler on radiator, and I got the gear ratios figured out. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

8. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

Let me try it
    --- Post updated ---
    Its powerful, ill tell you that
    --- Post updated ---
    Very torquie
    --- Post updated ---
    It seems to slip the clutch a bit

9. lineman2208

lineman2208
    Expand Collapse

okay so i need to make the clutchtorque more?

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

is this literally just t series engine? That makes little sense in a D series, its a heavy goods vehicle 10+ litre engine, not something that would go in a D series (actualy check the mesh, its twice as long as the D series engine bay). Gear ratios didnt need touching, the differential did.

11. lineman2208

lineman2208
    Expand Collapse

At first i used the T series then i changed and went to the T series I6 and started over with that.

12. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

Its properties of the T series in the Gavril Inline 6 with an Edited Gearbox and stuff
    --- Post updated ---
    And i would say yes

13. sattarelle

sattarelle
    Expand Collapse

i have a question i posted about a gavril d deisle. i put the deisle in it with turbo and a 12 speed manul. does your speedo freak out in first and second? mine does but it drives so good and has tons of power i added a lift and made it wider with locked diffs. its prety sick i just need help with the speedo.

14. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

It also stalls out after you drive it, it idles down to about 500 RPM then stalls, even in Neutral
    --- Post updated ---
    It does in first, But not 2nd. He is also using a 6 speed Gearbox, not a 12.
    --- Post updated ---
    You probably need to Raise the clutch torque too

15. lineman2208

lineman2208
    Expand Collapse

All right here is my, I think, final product. I don't think ill make public, post it on the mod repository. I just edited the BeamNG files. Anybody can do that.

Attached Files:

16. sattarelle

sattarelle
    Expand Collapse

i raised the clutch torqe and it got worse. the less it gets the better but then it slips. im lost.

17. lineman2208

lineman2208
    Expand Collapse

I think it is supposed to be like that. It is like driving any high HP vehicle you need to let it bounce off the revlimiter a couple times to let the wheel speed get up to the vehicle speed. The wheels are breaking loose with that much power

18. sattarelle

sattarelle
    Expand Collapse

i might not have been clear. the speedo jumps from 1-6 switching quickly without any gas being applied just rolling under its own torque. 2nd clears up n third i have a normal speedo again. its just annoying and i messed with everything i cant figure it out

19. lineman2208

lineman2208
    Expand Collapse

I'm not really sure. I think i just want to figure out how to have this engine take off smother. Maybe have the torque a little lower. Let it slip at the start. I tried well over the engine torque and it didn't clear it up

20. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

Thats odd, With the Cummins mod, If i let it go on its own torque in first, it slips like theres no tomarrow, When i apply full gas, It gets torque and goes... hm

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice