Crash test dummy (human body simulator)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by SleepyPickup, Sep 13, 2013.

1. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

There are a couple other threads like this, so I apologize if this bothers anyone for beating a dead horse. But I would like to bring it up just to get the thought out there again.

I would love to have a crash test dummy behind the wheel, (synthetic material like rubber, metal, plastic..) just like the average IIHS real world crash test. Seat belt and all.

Imagine hitting a wall, or raised platform, and having the dummy go flying through the windshield, because you didn't select "enable seatbelt"

Or the dummy flies out the side windows during a high-G rollover. That would be very intense....

And motorcycles have been mentioned in the vehicle suggestions thread, and you can't have a motorcycle without a rider ;)

The dummy could be similar to a vehicle; in the sense that it could lose parts, be damaged, then removed or reset.

Imagine for example, my pickup going 300mph, then suddenly NOT, and a dummy flies through the window going at least 150MPH into a wall. Wow...

#1 SleepyPickup, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  2. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

in first, people dont fly throu front windows of cars... because 3/4 of their body is below the steering wheel and other blocking stuff in front of them.
    just very very rarly on box wagon/panel van vehicles.
    and you could not have done worse than mentioning blood spray...

i want that feature too (crash test dummys), but please stop asking for it based on wrong expectations and counterproductive argues like blood in a vehicle simulation, the devs allready left enough hints that blood and violence is nothing they aim for.
    I would wish for that feature, to have G Sensors located in the dummy, to see how much G forces traveled throu the crumble zones and hit the dummy. this number should be very different on different crashs with same speed but different impact angles.
    btw crash test dummys dont even bleed.^^

3. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

I'll edit my post when I get to a computer then, since people like you have a habit of misinterpreting.

And yes, in an average seatbelted crash, you will not go through the front screen, but un-belted, and with enough Gs, there is a very likely chance you will exit the front, and if not front, for sure the sides during a roll over.

This has everything to do with driver height, mass, dashboard height, speed of impact, and many other factors.

#3 SleepyPickup, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  4. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

Sorry maybe bad english but im very aware of all that, maybe you did not get my point instead.
    I just mean mentioning it at all is counterproductive for your request, and as your use of it for reference or example suggests that you would wish for crashtest dummys for those reasons mentioned as reference.
    Why would you mention it if it would be no reason for your wish, but unrelated instead? I dont judge that, its a game and i play bloody games too, just mentioning it was not smart, in fact of the hints the devs left in other threads.

I watch car crash compilations alot myself for a long time and i maybe saw 4 people getting ejected throu the front window directly throu a head on impact, 2 or 3 of them where in panel vans.
    Rollovers and side windows are a completely different story and people get ejected that way even while wearing normal seatbelts, but throu the front window is very unlikely i think, please feel free to pm me links to videos which show different. im always open to learn that my point of view is wrong.

5. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

It's not a request, it is a suggestion. A random amateur idea made into reality at some time with no deadline or incentive, based on the nature and subject of this simulation. And the mention of gore was not a reference or example, it was an addition to my personal opinion on how much I enjoy human cannonballs in a completely different game. My mistake for even bringing it up, so I take responsibility for that and I removed that part. However I did not expect someone to misinterpret it and write me a story on why and how.

I'm putting together links right now, thank you for suggesting I do so.

Thanks for pointing out the errors of my suggestion though, I'll clean up and simplify my original post. I feel you also derailed the entire purpose of this simple thread. And most definitely 'harshed my mellow'.:p

6. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

well i either write endless long and many sentences or i sound harsh because im direct, bad english grammar sucks while explaining yourself.^^

Towards the topic, i think its just a question of time till a user creates something, if the devs dont do it at some late point of development.
    There where a crash test dummy in RoR and it could just be an additional part of a car.
    I think more interesting is the question: will we be able to set selfcollision to the dummy parts so it doesn't fall throu the car without getting down to 2 fps? ^^

7. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Exactly, it's just an extra part. It can be disabled or enabled, along with a seatbelt.

And yeah, getting it to sit inside the vehicle, in the seat even. There's the tricky part.

I don't care if it's holding on the the steering wheel or not, lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice