CPU problems

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Noobinator_83, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Noobinator_83

Noobinator_83
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone. I have recently ran into some computer problems and I unfortunately have to get a new CPU. My old processor (Intel I-9700K) could run 8 cars on any map with little to no frame drop. I don’t have enough money to get that one again, so I am looking at an Intel I-9400F as a replacement.

Anyways, I just wanted to ask for a second opinion before I buy it. Beam is my favorite game and being able to run it smoothly is my top priority. So, I guess my question is will it run Beam smoothly? Thank you so much to anyone that is willing to answer!

2. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

I have a 7 year old sixth gen i5 CPU (4 core, 4 threads), and it runs Beamng ok, I don't play with traffic usually however. A brand new 6 core should be good to go. If all the rest of the system is the same, you should be running at least 6 cars (1 per thread) just fine, and maybe even more. However, doesn't Intel have thread-ripper nowadays? Threads are important for Beamng, especially for multiple cars, IIRC intel has 4 core 8 thread CPUs as well, however since I'm not in the market for buying a PC, I'm really out of the loop.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice