1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

CPU Performance in Drive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Junky228, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

late 2010 MacBook air I borrowed got me 17fps! Physics on 1car (not enough RAM)
    Phyics off brought me 107fps d15

specs core 2 duo l9400 1.79GHZ 45nm 2gb(1.75) ddr3 1066 shared ram NVidia GeForce 320m

2. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

17 fps because your CPU is too slow, not because of the RAM.

3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I said not enough ram to have more than 1 car after all it is a MacBook air and that was taken at the best of times (after a while cpu throttles)

- - - Updated - - -

tiny update upgraded ram speed from 533mhz to ddr2-800 by removing an old module

4. Zipppy

Zipppy
    Expand Collapse

I can test with an Atom Z520, I expect the lowest score though.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

He was right, it is a slow CPU, the base model 2010 macbooks have more than enough RAM for BeamNG.

6. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

WOW I under estimated the power of the almighty MBA! beamng drive on my desktop pc (Dell e520) takes up like 1.8gb ram just one car on test world and if I put more cars in it might start paging to the page file killing performance -slow ssd (150mbps read 110Write)-

I MUST GET A NEW PC just to see 30FPS in drive on 720p
    Collecting the pennies!

If you want to know this system then scroll down --beware very bad--

P4 2.8GHZ Prescott
    2gb ddr2 ram 533mhz
    Gpu Intel Extreme Graphics 1
    80gb Caviar SE Sata 1
    3FPS Gavril D15
    4FPS Ibishu Covet
    0FPS Moonhawk-Crash

And a Craptop--

Core 2 Duo t7200
    Ati radeon x1600 mobility-nice card-OCed to 492MHZ
    4gb ddr2

D15 12FPS
    Covet 22FPS
    Moonhawk 6FPS

I have no good PCs to run beamng so I will probably build one at christmas

7. xskyfallx69

xskyfallx69
    Expand Collapse

im pretty new here and im still trying to figure out my FPS im at 3.8! im running a new ASUS with the lintel 5 core at 4 gigs of RAM... and ideas?

8. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Control+f will show your fps. I linked a much better way of doing in the past page or two though. It is called the BANANA bench.

9. The Sturmovik

The Sturmovik
    Expand Collapse

So basically what I've gathered from this thread is that I should've gotten an Intel. :\

- - - Updated - - -

So basically what I've gathered from this thread is that I should've gotten an Intel processor. :\

10. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I wonder how well my laptop can play Drive..

I have tried it before, but that was when it had the old GPU (NVS 160m) and a 2.5GHz CPU. Now it's got a much better GPU (FX 1700m) and a 3GHz Core 2 Duo.

11. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

it will work very well but 3ghz in a laptop might be stressing the cooling system so if it stays at 3ghz then yeah I expect that will work well no idea of the gpu never heard of it probably have to look it up but paired with a 3ghz cpu I expect it will be fine and if neadby you can turn down the settings I get 49fps out of my ATI Radeon X1600 OC to 492mhz at 1024x768 that card is so good for my requirements (it runs a little toasty on my Compaq NC8430, ive been looking for a fan control solution but no given up now the bios is sooo locked down like the most advanced feature is changing the boot order! BOO HP) but yeah test it out and you should be able to play it

12. spavatch

spavatch
    Expand Collapse

I reckon that with that age it might not be satisfactory. I've tried running it on my dad's and uncle's relatively new notebooks which are essentially the same Toshiba model except one has i7 with 4 GB of RAM and the other has i5 with 8 Gigs. The GT 540m which both of them had didn't have enough power to display animation fluently even on the lowest settings and just a single D15 on screen. Pity.

13. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

My PC...generally with a bit of sacrifices and coaxing I can get about 20 - 40 fps on occasion I can get 60fps but thats with turning everything down...on my Worfdale processor with 4GB DDR2 RAM with a 1GB HD5770 for a machine 6 years old thats reasonable but I am running out of date components remember that!

My Brothers pc with everything on max at 1080p, 200fps+ easy, Intel Core i7 Haswell at 3.5Ghz with 16GB DDR3 RAM with a 4GB GTX770, for a machine 8 months old thats not bad...

14. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Please say you have a dedicated GPU

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice