1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Controller button numbers 100 and above do not work

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by sneakyRedPanda, Aug 8, 2021.

1. sneakyRedPanda

sneakyRedPanda
    Expand Collapse

I use a stream deck as a button box and the controller configuration menu does not support controller buttons for button IDs greater than 100. The interface treats them all as the same button. The Windows game controller supports up to 128 buttons per controller (AFAIK) so this seems like a bug to me.

Manually editing the controller configuration file with the correct button names doesn't work.

EDIT: Yikes, it looks like multiple devices collide too. Device ID 1 button 1 and Device ID 2 button 1 both trigger the same binding.

#1 sneakyRedPanda, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  2. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Correct, our engine currently only suports up to 100 buttons per device. I will dig to see if we can increase that number in future updates.

If you connect identical devices, such as 4 identical gamepads, their configuration will be identical too. This is normally used for multiseat mode (offline multiplayer). There's no support to have the very same device model do different things depending on the plugging order or anything like that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sneakyRedPanda

sneakyRedPanda
    Expand Collapse

Increasing the maximum would be great, thanks for looking into it.

The identical gamepad problem is unfortunate but I see the reasoning, thanks for the insight.

4. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

The next major update will feature support for 128 buttons.

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice