1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Consoles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BIG COUNTRY3600, Sep 8, 2020.

1. DonDaCrafter5246

DonDaCrafter5246
    Expand Collapse

Alright, but how long ago was that? One of my family member's computers used to run the game maxed out but after multiple updates it became unplayable at nearly all graphics level with more than 2-3 cars spawned in. For reference this is a i5 4460 with a GTX 750ti and 8GB of DDR3

2. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

If you're buying a console, and you purchase xbox live (or whatever the PS equivalent of that is) for a couple years, you'll end up spending as much money as a mid-range PC.

But that doesn't mean that consoles are worse than PC- it's perfectly reasonable to say that the upfront cost of, say, $800 is a lot harder to manage financially than an upfront cost of $400 and some payments after that.

If you're comfortable with a controller, want something for the living room, not too comfortable with tech and you're on a budget, a console makes much more sense than a PC.

#42 fivedollarlamp, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

My old Q550LF had an i7 4500U, 8gb ram, and a 745M. She ran the game fine, and the game has been optimized very well since I retired her last year.

4. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Consoles are worse than pcs because you can only play a select few games, you can only play games and cant run any programs on them, and you cant upgrade them at all.

Also a lot of games people want to play preform better on a keyboard and mouse and stuff so

Also you can buy used parts and build a killer pc for a fraction of the price

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Some people like consoles better, and that's that. There's a very large market for console games and Beam could benefit from a console port.

6. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

Beam will probably never get ported to consoles because it's just not compatible with console architectures. it's been made specifically for Windows PCs and nothing else

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Modern console architecture is more similar to PCs than you might expect.

8. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

how about we all shut up about this godforsaken topic and wait for an official dev statement

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Im actually pretty sure the os the xbox one runs off of is based off of windows.

10. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

It is. In fact, it also uses DirectX just like Windows. That's why it was called Xbox, because DirectX Box.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

Consoles are also focused on graphics. Beam is a lot more focused on processing power than most other games. The recommended specs are higher than flight sim 2020.

12. DonDaCrafter5246

DonDaCrafter5246
    Expand Collapse

That's exactly what happened with my Cousin's PC. It ran the game fine up until one of the updates, I forget which one, and then the frames weren't high anymore. I'd even cleaned the rig up and removed a LOT of the dust yet it still doesn't run like it used to.

13. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

might have pulled an apple and made it obsolete by making the software bog it down.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice