You need the accompanying tire mod in order for this mod to work properly

4. ItsYourBoi

ItsYourBoi
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  5. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Wait, how does a 6.7l i6 fit transversally with four wheel drive?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ItsYourBoi

ItsYourBoi
    Expand Collapse

its just a placeholder rn, I will change it later with an other model, its not even a I6 I think

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

8. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Have you considered rolling them into one mod? The name of this one is pretty weird/confusing. Imagine if you were not the author of these mods. An end user opening the repo for the first time sees... "configs for the tires and much more" what does that even mean?

It's cool to see more offroad parts in the repo, but better packaging and labeling would be nice IMO. I tried the tire mod and the sizes were all whacky... I was honestly confused at first! Tire sizes formatted with syntax similar to the official tires would make more sense and make it easier to get the right part in the parts selector. eg 35x12.5R17 or 54x19.5R17 or similar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ItsYourBoi

ItsYourBoi
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a lot for letting me know that, I will change the name to make it less confusing. I will combine them togeter but still have the seperate tire mod, hope it dosen't break the game if people have them both. The thing with the tires is that I got no way to know what the real size is, but I will find a way, I will probably talk to the dev to know how. I really do apreciate for you to make an effort to help me. :)

#49 ItsYourBoi, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. waldo_101

waldo_101
    Expand Collapse

add the back of the roamer for the d series in the bed

11. ItsYourBoi

ItsYourBoi
    Expand Collapse

yeah yeah this is my plan, rn the back just hinges like the normal roamer. Will be fixed in the next update

12. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

You're welcome! That sounds like a good plan to me. You can measure the tires in Blender. As I recall, Blender units are the same as meters.

13. kast_skater3341

kast_skater3341
    Expand Collapse

how do i get the hood exhaust?

14. ItsYourBoi

ItsYourBoi
    Expand Collapse

I got the student version of 3ds max and I don't thinks its to scale, but I will figure out a way.
    --- Post updated ---
    What do you mean, the hood for the big stack?

15. kast_skater3341

kast_skater3341
    Expand Collapse

NVM for some reason the stack option wouldnt show up, its there now. love the mod

16. ItsYourBoi

ItsYourBoi
    Expand Collapse

:)

17. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I don't use 3ds Max, so I probably won't be much help. I know that some of the official BeamNG artists used 3ds Max in the past, some probably still do. I'm just not certain which ones. (The rest use Blender & other tools.)

It sounds like the default unit in 3ds Max may represent inches. With that said, if you import DAE files which came from Blender/BeamNG where a default unit is 1 meter... it may be the case that 1 unit (1in) in 3ds Max would still represent 1 meter in BeamNG, even if it says inches. An easy way to check would just be to export a 1m cube from Blender into a DAE, then import that into Max and check the dimensions. Worst case scenario you can do your modeling in Max and your measuring in Blender. Blender is free, so once you export your files as DAE you can just import that into Blender and measure.

I know that you didn't ask for my opinion, but here it is anyway. ;) Once you graduate you won't be able to hold a valid student license for 3ds Max anymore. Most people can't afford 3ds Max as a hobby item at $1500 USD per year, so unless they use it professionally they have to do without. For that reason it might be worth switching to Blender now unless you'll use Max professionally once you graduate. It won't hurt as bad now as it will in a couple of years. On the other hand if you've already invested a lot of time into learning Max I understand that too. GIMP is free and strong but I still refuse to give up Photoshop... and nobody can convince me that GIMP is actually as good as Photoshop, no matter how strongly they may believe it themselves! To be fair, Photoshop costs $120/yr, a lot less than Max. This is just my 2c, I'm certainly not poo-pooing 3ds Max! Obviously it's a tried and true, powerful, and venerable software package. I'm always surprised to see so many students sucked in to learning 3D modeling on a 'free' copy of a product that most of them won't be able to afford in a few years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. ItsYourBoi

ItsYourBoi
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I do know that's a terrible idea of mine using 3ds max. I already got blender installed so I will check this out, Thanks a lot for giving me advice :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kear-Ski Tyre

Kear-Ski Tyre
    Expand Collapse

An idea I've messed with on paper for an offroad semi truck is using an upside down portal axle on the front; so the axle is farther from the engine while the ride height is more or less the same. you already have portal axles, although resizing would be needed, and I'm sure many things would come with that.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ItsYourBoi

ItsYourBoi
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah dude thats a really great idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice