1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

[COMPLETED] Driving Force GT inputmap

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by crimsonskull, Aug 4, 2013.

1. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

2. Korkkis

Korkkis
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!:) I finally got it working!!

3. ast5515

ast5515
    Expand Collapse

You made me angry. I just set my pedals/steering and then you complete it fully. I messed around with it for 3 hours!

4. CC11526

CC11526
    Expand Collapse

This input map seems to have some issues with steering and pedal input that I can't seem to figure out.

The steering doesn't seem to correlate with the actual game wheel even after hitting Shift+B to use direct steering. The wheel rotates out of sync so it makes the steering feel absurdly slow.

Also the pedals seem to have a heavy deadzone where both inputs don't register until 1/3rd of the way through the pedal's travel. When in manual shifting mode the car also moves as if it's receiving throttle input. Everything reads correctly in other sims so it isn't a problem with the controller, any advice on getting everything synced up correctly?

5. SporkyNinja

SporkyNinja
    Expand Collapse

before I did any editing of my input maps, the game did recognize my wheel, however the vehicle was constantly reversing. My wheel input was fine, but my pedals didn't want to work correctly.

I then downloaded your version, dropped it in the folder, and rebooted the game. This time, the wheel was unresponsive; only the keyboard worked.

I tried editing the file to make sure it wasn't id's causing it to not load correctly. I renamed the Product name to Driving Force GT and changed the GUID so that it was the same as the log. I then reloaded the program, only to have it work like it did without your file. Do you know if the pedals just need their dead zone fixed, or is there something wrong with my wheel?

6. TauEquus

TauEquus
    Expand Collapse

I tried this setup and everything works except for the accelerator. Even after fiddling around with the inputs and recalibrating my wheel, I still have issues with this. Anybody else experiencing this problem or know a solution?

7. mugabuga

mugabuga
    Expand Collapse

Same thing here. I also haven't found any way to reset the car.

#7 mugabuga, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  8. CC11526

CC11526
    Expand Collapse

9. Dylan.K

Dylan.K
    Expand Collapse

"When in manual shifting mode the car also moves as if it's receiving throttle input." This is normal because in manual shifting mode, without the clutch pressed, the engine will still be delivering power to the wheels. In other words press the clutch or shift it into neutral and it should stop moving.

10. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Where do i put this file?

11. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Nowhere, this is a 4 year old thread. The sim already bundles a default configuration for that wheel, and if you wish to further customize it, you can do it using the Controls menu. No file editing has been necessary for years.

12. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

ok

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice