1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

"cold engine smoke" although engine turned off

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Reisperbachtal, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Reisperbachtal

Reisperbachtal
    Expand Collapse

When I move a vehicle on a trailer and the vehicles engine is cold and turned off, there is still some of that white "cold engine smoke" coming out of the towed vehicles exhaust when towing the trailer at any speed.

The cars wheels however, are in no direct contact to the ground and the engine is not being turned by some other force. The rpm gauge is showing 0 rpm correctly and the smoke changes when the towed engine gets started/revved up. The temperature/rpm of the towing vehicles engine do not make any difference.

When the engine gets warmed up (idling, burnouts on the trailer deck), the smoke disappears. Every vehicle I tested showed this bug.

I suspect that the cold engine smoke generation does not get disabled properply when turning off an engine and because of the vehicles movement relative to the ground, some smoke is being produced. This however is only a suspicion of mine based on the symptoms, I did not have a look at the code/game files.

I know this is just a minor bug and the beamng team has more important stuff than this minor bug to work on but still, it would be neat if this could get fixed.

Tested with (just a small representaton):

Towing vehicle//Towed vehicle//Trailer:
    Bruckell LeGran SE V6 Tow. M.//Ibishu Hopper Sport Special A//Large Box Utility Trailer
    Gavril D 35 Chief Ranger//Ibishu Covet Ralley//Large Box...
    Gavril T65 Fith Wheel Upfit//ETK K-Series KC6tx M//Flatbed Trailer

No Mods where ever installed on this system, Alpha Verion 0.10.0.1

My System:

Intel I5 3570K @ 4.1GHZ
    16GB DDR3
    240GB Kingston SSD (System Drive) + 500GB Western Digital Black (Game Drive)
    Radeon R7 370 4GB
    Windows 10 Pro (all updates installed)

2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for the report, just fixed it :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice