Cliff Mines; Abandoned Island mountain project

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Driv3r1142, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I work in sketchup. I had to upscale them in sketchup due to the issues with VisibleMesh collision. All I have to do is adjust the scale of the object in BeamNG and we're good.

The gas station(s) I made by hand. Same with the pumps. I can resize the pumps if necessary.

On another note, @Ouerbacker decided that it would be better to smooth the original map's roads, since I and Ouerbacker had issues of our own with the demo map he sent me.

I wont throw out the option of the 2nd map though.

2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I never noticed many issues with the road textures, other than the single line VS a double line.

3. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Clouds are from african torque3d pack, free download... Ouerbacker know it... It's simple statics mesh.:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Are these assets from this site O.K to use in this map? I dont want to load them in just to find out I cant use them.
    http://3tdstudios.com/models.html
    Better safe than sorry :p

5. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Yes I have download it on this site, well I had no problem...

• Like Like x 1
  6. nobadesuuchan

nobadesuuchan
    Expand Collapse

DUDE, WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THE PickUP IN THE OP POST

• Like Like x 1
  7. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Broken as of .5.0.0. I may fix it for personal use, but I don't think that's anytime soon.
    Its a crappy Russian mod. Only good for photos anyway. The thing handled like shit and was stuck on a D15 Jbeam from like late 2014 early 2015.

I cant tell you how to find it as for I care about my forum account more than I do that truck, so that's on your own time.

Ouerbacker has sent me back the version of the map with smoothed roads and new textures.

Whats left for me to do is get some more road textures that will work with the map, lower the spawn point so you don't crash land, model a few town objects, Model the mine(s), polish up the vegetation, Add AI compatibility, and make a few scenarios to showcase the map's winding roads and vintage feel.

Still a bit to do, but I have a screenshot or 2 to make you feel better;
    screenshot_00002.png screenshot_00004.png screenshot_00001.png screenshot_00000.png screenshot_00003.png screenshot_00009.png screenshot_00010.png screenshot_00008.png

We made sure the textures resembled the CoS textures as closely as possible, and Ouerbacker replaced the grass with a lighter texture and groundcover(I had a version with it but I never sent him it.)

I kinda miss the bright green grass, but this looks much more real. The snowy area now blends in to the rest of the map, and is mostly at a consistent elevation. Although it looks like its almost done, trust me it isn't close.

THANKS AGAIN TO @Ouerbacker for the wonderful texture work! He is certainly the most important person in this project by far at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Hey this map seem very very good!:oops:

• Like Like x 1
  9. nobadesuuchan

nobadesuuchan
    Expand Collapse

Haha, alright, i had a sneaking suspicion it was a russian mod, only russians can do cool cars that you really want properly in the game but no one will be creative enough to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. nobadesuuchan

nobadesuuchan
    Expand Collapse

Haha might have soeme fun with that 50s car added to the game recently, screenshots galore.
    I take about 112 screenshots every beamng session,
    (beamng produces some great wallpapers.)

• Like Like x 1
  11. NoShotz

NoShotz
    Expand Collapse

looks really nice, definitely will get it when it is released

• Like Like x 1
  12. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Time to employ the OP mega bump :p Well not really since its contributing to the thread xD

The map's been dead for a few months, now I am finishing the map up for a proper release.

I'm going to make a new thread concerning this new version of the map as for now the current version has very little in common with the original idea. I will supply a download for the version of the map this thread concerns at some point, but it won't be on the mods page.

That will be for the later map, Now called Front Range, USA.

For now, Here is a video for your enjoyment. Note the differences between this and the screenshots from earlier in the thread. This will be reposted in the new thread when I create it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

#1 vid quality XD

• Like Like x 1
  14. James Smith

James Smith
    Expand Collapse

That looks like it could support some epic high speed AI chases, is an AI path planned?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

The AI is functional through the DecalRoads.
    Its how I shot a few of the scenes in the teaser video. I let the AI drive.

*that never ends badly right?* :p

lol I raged at the AI though during the filming process of the teaser video because the AI loves 3 point turns and U turns. Doesn't exactly like to go straight all the time or go on a certain path.

16. James Smith

James Smith
    Expand Collapse

That is good to hear.

You can learn a thing or two about real life driving from the AI. I totally recommend watching the AI drive as a Learning tool for new drivers!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

Did you unlist this video to prevent copyright strikes?

18. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

No, I recorded the music, Its unlisted since its main use is for show on the BeamNG forums.

As for your question about copyright strikes, Its not an issue I'd very likely be dealing with. Since I am recording the music, either it being an original piece I've written or a piece I've covered and reworked a bit, its different than lets say I wanted to use a track from Metallica in one of my videos.

The only biggie is BeamNG being a copyrighted game, but in my past experiences, This hasn't come up as an issue. Same case with a lot of other forum users who have filmed BeamNG.

TL : DR; Its not about copyright strikes, its about the video's primary usage.

19. St3v3th3d0g

St3v3th3d0g
    Expand Collapse

off topic what is that red truck?

on topic how big is the map?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Most of the pictures are old. The red truck is a now nonfunctional Russian Mod I used for photoshooting. I may fix it up to keep using but its not exactly fitting the map now.

If you want the current state of the map, look at the video and the set of screenshots right before it I posted in december.

its on a 2048x2048 heightmap, so its a decent size. Its not huge, but its not small either. It will take you a few minutes to navigate from one side to the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice