Update part 2: Electric boogaloo

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. nervous1301

nervous1301
    Expand Collapse

3. S1KRRDream

S1KRRDream
    Expand Collapse

I love this mods, so much to do with them..don't know if yougonna update it soon for the 0.27 but i hope the news update gonna pop soon :)

4. stoner_222

stoner_222
    Expand Collapse

0.27 update: electric motors do not work currently.

5. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully part one will be out end of this week/early next week, maybe? depends on how many bugs I find.

Could you be more specific? The electric cars work fine for me.

6. ImronGames04

ImronGames04
    Expand Collapse

This is an amazing mod but I noticed that it breaks the texture of vivace. But if you change the paint design to metallic it fixes it but the bottom of the car and the fender liners will still be broken. If this is already known then sorry for bringing it up unnecessarily.

Everything else works perfectly. I only noticed it recently but it seems like someone else has had this issue since Update .26 https://www.beamng.com/threads/missing-textures-on-vivace-since-0-26.88368/

If there's a fix in the works that'd be amazing but if not I'll just use my paint design work around.

Thanks. Keep up the amazing work.

7. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to need some screenshots because it works fine for me. No missing textures and no console errors
    screenshot_2022-12-30_14-05-42.png screenshot_2022-12-30_14-04-56.png
    Also I don't know what you mean by 'change the paint design to metallic' assuming you mean the livery I checked and metallic is not an option for me (another mod?)
    paint.png
    Its possible that you and the guy you linked to have a problem with conflicting mods although the reply on that post confuses me. Turning brake glow off and on fixed it? but apparently it came back or something and it lead him to mine? Last time this happened the issue was caused by an outdated mod that caused conflicts with mine although I can't say for certain without seeing your mod list. I would ask that you try to run just my mod and clear your vehicles folder (\BeamNG.drive\0.27\vehicles, you can just move it somewhere else it has all your configs) and see if the issue persists.
    Now that I think about it more I have a theory for why this happens and why it comes back to my mod. I may need to test this further, If I'm right both testing and the fix will take a lot of time, however, if you could send me your mod list it would be very helpful.

Attached Files:

• paint.png
  8. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

thatguy47 updated CJD Special Tunes with a new update entry:

BAJA UPDATE!!

LMAO Who does this guy think he is

Read the rest of this update entry...

#288 thatguy47, Jan 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
  9. Jme

Jme
    Expand Collapse

Hey man I love this mod was just wondering and sorry if you've been asked this already but what's the chances of you adding rotary engines?

10. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

Maybe. With the right car, a 3D model and a decent way to simulate a rotary engine to generate a torque curve. Probably not soon :/

11. Jme

Jme
    Expand Collapse

I know KJLP mod has a rotary dunno if you could get perm from the guy who owns it to use the model and AngeTheGreat on youtube has a engine sim that's just been updated to have rotary so sounds n stuff you might be able to get from there I just need to rotary swap the world on Beam but no one has a mod for it xD

12. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

Generally speaking I don't like to use stuff made by other people, particularly other mods as it could cause issues with loading both mods simultaneously and it limits my ability to make changes/additions. I have spent far too much time with AngeTheGreat's engine simulator and while I could use it getting the engine data out and into a format that works with BeamNG would be tedious and would make updating/changing the engine even more tedious. Also I have a mild 550cc single rotor that revs to 8000 RPM and makes 190hp so balance might be an issue :D

13. yooyoojoonjoon

yooyoojoonjoon
    Expand Collapse

cjd bolide is great! :)

14. Adam 5

Adam 5
    Expand Collapse

Great mod, do you plan on adding custom superchargers? :D

15. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

uhhh, I already make superchargers for every car

16. Adam 5

Adam 5
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for misunderstanding, I meant customizable superchargers(variable wastegate and stuff like this)

17. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

Ah, I see, well superchargers don't have a wastegate as the limiting factor for boost is the RPM of the supercharger. Hence the different pully ratios. Superchargers are pretty simple so there's not much more I can do.

18. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Off topic but what does your signature mean? I looked in that file and that's an empty line

19. thatguy47

thatguy47
    Expand Collapse

Oh, yeah, its quite old now but the file used to say 'James is cool' or something like that and I thought it was funny. Should probably find a new thing

20. stonebacon69399

stonebacon69399
    Expand Collapse

Engines are misplaced on the moonhawk upload_2023-4-4_14-56-1.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice