1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Civetta Scintilla

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by ferrettank, Jun 14, 2022.

1. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

The more i drive this car the more i love it. I take back my comments on the handling its great once you learn it.

• Like Like x 5
  2. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

It handles better than, or worse than, the SBR4?

3. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

AWD really suits this car it makes it much more street able. When it comes to a smooth track tho the rwd is definitely preferred more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Subarishi_Motors

Subarishi_Motors
    Expand Collapse

5. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

SBR4 feels like it handles better but I think its cause its slower(this is the main thing), theres lots of weight over the rear wheels making it hard to loose traction out of corners, the proper manual in general just makes me feel more in control of the car, It has normal non electronic limited slip diffs(or just diff if driving the RWD one) which makes it more predictable when trying to slide it, and the suspension is softer so its much easier to drive on normal bumpy roads. The civetta can pull more cornering G force so its definitely faster through the corners. It handles great i just wasnt used to going so fast in beam nor the way electronic diffs act so it took me some getting used to.
    --- Post updated ---
    ifi had to pick a favorite i defiantly enjoy the sbr 4 more. Its more fun to drive on normal roads to me, It has enough power to be fun but not so much its unusable on most roads. Iy sounds better(in my opinion), and a proper manual is a lot of fun with my H-shifter. Its more fun to heel toe and blip down downshifts than to hit flappy paddles. The cintillia looks so good tho so its much better for cool camera shots like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I see you are confused. In fact, the SBR4 has electronic diffs while the Scintilla has none.

7. DOUGL4S1

DOUGL4S1
    Expand Collapse

It took me some time to adjust to how the Scintilla drives. I tested it and even the Scintilla's base version is faster in a straight line than the fastest factory SBR-4 (not counting eSBRs), and it also has a lot more weight behind it so I started understeering a lot. It's also surprisingly large so that threw me off a bit too. Not sure the lap times either would pull around a track tho.

Anyways, I'm loving the Scintilla, probably my favorite new car since the Vivace/Tograc. Can't wait to see what the modding community does with it.
    20220616142322_1.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  8. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

ifi had to pick a favorite i defiantly enjoy the sbr 4 more. Its more fun to drive on normal roads to me, It has enough power to be fun but not so much its unusable on most roads. Iy sounds better(in my opinion), and a proper manual is a lot of fun with my H-shifter. Its more fun to heel toe and blip down downshifts than to hit flappy paddles.
    for real? Mind blown.
    --- Post updated ---
    Theres no way its just open diffs i wouldnt be able to get it sideways
    --- Post updated ---
    the electronic diffs in the vivace are also labled "open differential" so im certain the cintillia has electronic diffs

9. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The K-serires Kc6 is RWD and has an open differential, can go sideways without problem
    --- Post updated ---
    The "Open Differential" in the Vivace and the "Electronically Locking Differential" in the 800-Series are the same, they are both open, they both use the brake to reduce wheelspin, the only difference is the name.

10. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

only the top of the line version of the SBR 4 has active diffs i usually drive this bad boy the TT S or the rwd one both of which has normal diffs. The active diffs in the fastest sbr4must be new as i dont remember that being a thing.
    Screenshot1197.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Not new, it's actually before the existence of Bastion

12. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

Yea so the civetta has a eLSD like i thought. And the braking of the wheel with the least grip makes it a little strange to slide over a normal geared LSD. Goes to show how much better the ELSD in the sbr4 is tho. I cant even notice it in the SBR where in the new civetta its obvious to me.

13. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

To make things clear, use the Powertrain Visualization ui app and watch the power flow, use the Wheels Debug and watch the green bar (wheel torque). An open diff, whether eDiff-ed or not, will always send 50:50 torque to both side. Electronically controlled LSD "Sport Front/Rear Differential" in the Kc, or Torque vectoring differential in the SBR4 TTS2, can transfer torque from the least grip to the most grip. The "a little strange" is due to the lowered output power open diff has(waste heat from the brakes), compared to LSD or torque vectoring diff.
    --- Post updated ---
    Agreed, the eSBR 500 is one of the best handling vehicles in BeamNG.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

I would totally be down for a mod that adds this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

ahhh, i understand now. Thanks for the explanation

16. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

just a unclipped replay showing just how much of a beast this car is when driven right.
    --- Post updated ---

• Like Like x 7
  17. delorean835

delorean835
    Expand Collapse

Might have found a bug. None of the rear wings available to the car (except the GTRX wing) provide any downforce. Even the GTC wing, which has adjustable downforce, doesn't work.

Edit: I did some further testing and found out 2 things.

1: The other wings DO provide downforce, but it's relatively little compared to the downforce from the GTRX wing. Especially the GTXX wing, as that one should really provide WAY more downforce, as much as the GTRX wing or maybe even more. So should the GTC wing since it's adjustable.
    2: The GTRX front splitter seems to rob downforce from the rear of the car (which doesn't make any sense), going back to my suggestion to add some more subtle front aero bits.

#157 delorean835, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  18. Santino Eli

Santino Eli
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Please do a 2020-2022 Gavril D-Series I want it soooooo badddd!!!!

19. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Wrong thread bud, this belongs in the vehicle suggestions thread. Also, I guarantee the devs know that much of the community wants a modern pickup truck, but vehicle development takes time and they have priorities, many of which don’t always include developing a new vehicle.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. ViperCobra

ViperCobra
    Expand Collapse

Question: What racing class is the Race variant supposed to be? GT4?

#160 ViperCobra, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice