1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Civetta Bolide

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Sep 10, 2012.

1. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

The Bolide seems to be more of an entry-level supercar, not the top-of-the line model. Something a little more approachable, affordable, and easier to drive and maintain day-to-day; restricted to solely V8 offerings and one or maybe two bodystyles. The Ferrari 308/328 and Lamborghini Jalpa would be vehicles in a similar segment. Nothing too crazy like V12 engines, scissor doors, and ridiculous aero - that was reserved for the brand's flagship models like the Countach and the F40. I think we'd have to see a completely different Civetta model before anything like that begins to arrive.

Anecdotally, I think most cars with pop up headlights before '84 used a single light - with some notable exceptions including the Countach, Mondial, Testarossa, and C3 Corvette.

I do agree though - the Bolide is lacking some important features - the targa top bodystyle, region-specific features like U.S. bumpers, and custom parts. Some sort of mild facelift (à la the 308 to 328 dynamic) might also be welcome.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

i want to see a rally bolide since they added official rally suspension in an update

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

true, true, but then again this is a completely fictional vehicle and i dont see why they couldnt add some more interesting features anyway, i'd certainly enjoy them

4. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

whoops im dumb and i cant read

5. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Don't be too hard on yourself - It happens now and then.

6. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

ill be honest, the two reference vehicles i used were the testarossa and countach but im still not too keen on the bolide's pop-ups, i wonder how it'd look with narrower single circular lights or double circular lights

7. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

people say the bolide ''resembles'' the 308 gtb the most, but because the 288 gto looks so similar would it be nice if there were some parts that are inspired by that car?

8. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I'm not coming what the Bolide resembles, and more from which end of the supercar spectrum it fits on.

But this is an interesting and worthwhile idea - the reason those two cars look so similar is actually because the 288 GTO was originally intended to be simply a modified homologation-special 308 GTB. By the time the factory engineers got through with it, everything from the wheelbase to the bodywork material had been changed. This could be another useful avenue along which to develop not only new parts for the Bolide, but a slightly-different, higher-trim Civetta model.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Pippy.drive14

Pippy.drive14
    Expand Collapse

I feel like the bolide could cover the whole spectrum, if redone right. Some trims could cover the budget supercar spectrum, and some could cover the high end part of the spectrum. Like how the Dodge Challenger ranges from an affordable coupe to a 845hp monster. The bolide could have a low end version, and then maybe like a turbocharged/supercharged high end version
    --- Post updated ---
    The bolide doesn’t really resemble anything. It’s more or less just an 80’s supercar that just so happens to be Italian.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

The Bolide strongly resembles the Detomaso Pantera, as they both are V8, angular wedge shaped cars with a similar roofline:). But I agree with you, the Bolide really needs a revamp, although my guess is that we’re getting an off-road update. So I don’t know which one we get.

11. Pippy.drive14

Pippy.drive14
    Expand Collapse

The bolide isn’t really meant to resemble any specific car, it’s just an 80s Italian Supercar

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

that is true, but I see the Pantera in it, if you don't, that's fine.

13. Pippy.drive14

Pippy.drive14
    Expand Collapse

I mean, I see it too, but it’s got a lil bit of everything in it.

14. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

yeah, I'd say so.

15. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

Also, with the update, can we leave the RoR era times new roman gauge lettering behind, for something more square and 80's?

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. Pippy.drive14

Pippy.drive14
    Expand Collapse

It should probably get a better engine model too

17. kwai38

kwai38
    Expand Collapse

well off-topic, but a lot of the engine models need to be updated too lol, so I'm hoping for a refresh on that front

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

oh definitely.
    screenshot_2020-06-26_15-27-11.png
    the thing looks like its moulded with plastic

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

yeah, what's up with that?

20. Pippy.drive14

Pippy.drive14
    Expand Collapse

Take a look at the Gavril 6 cylinder. They were both made back before beam overtook ror

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice