1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Civetta Bolide

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Sep 10, 2012.

1. BrynCoops

BrynCoops
    Expand Collapse

That's the problem though, it doesn't even look Italian.
    -
    O.T.?
    If and when they update the Bolide, some interior options wouldn't go amiss - cream seats and the like, and maybe some cheap OEM bumper skirts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nascal

Nascal
    Expand Collapse

It's as Italian as a Lada 2101.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

IGCD is hilariously unreliable. They have the Roamer listed as an Explorer, the I-Series as a 7 series, the Pigeon as a Reliant Rialto, the Bluebuck as a Dodge 880 (twice, for whatever reason), the Grand Marshal as a Grand Marquis, the Barstow as a Torino... I could go on.

Every BeamNG car should be listed as "Made for Game."

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

To sum it all up, the Bolide is a greasy Italian wedge mobile

#greasyitalianwedgemobiles

5. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Its a damn good car for flooring it on darksynth.

6. 1234321

Expand Collapse

They should add a chassis mounted wing to it, front splitter and canards for RaCeCaR points. It should also have a front lip, spoiler, glass engine cover (for higher end models) and finally it should have some body kits and at least one of them should be made out of melted down toilet seats and just glued to the car using a glue stick. Also a RHD version would be nice.

Attached Files:

• RACECAR.jpg
  7. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

If we're talking a Bolide remaster, I'd like to have an actual set of gold Civetta Competizione wheels instead of the ones controlled by the skin system.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

i couldn't help myself, i had to see what the bolide would look like with USDM bumpers and a cheesy overstyled facelift.
    Left is original (now pre-facelift), right is pre facelift with US Bumpers:
    screenshot_2020-06-17_21-26-50.png screenshot_2020-06-17_21-26-51.png
    and with colour matched and redesigned body parts: (including painted us bumpers to make them "completely invisible")
    screenshot_2020-06-17_21-26-52.png screenshot_2020-06-17_21-26-53.png
    (while yes, some of this styling is more reminiscent of the countach/testa, the devs really aren't likely to add a separate v12 80's civetta to the game, so i wouldn't be surprised if they leave the tacky overstyling to the bolide.)

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Krolfox

Krolfox
    Expand Collapse

I didn't know I wanted this but now I definitely do

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

I’d say the Bolide looks like the detomaso pantera

11. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

You know what's funny. The Bluebuck doesn't look that much like a Dodge 880 in my opinion. Here's a pic of it and the Bluebuck to prove my point.

download.jpg screenshot_2020-01-11_15-02-56.png

Do y'all see the difference. Btw, I guess someone could say the Bolide looks like a Ferrari, but your point about how every BeamNG car should be listed as "made for game" is valid. Also, the person who said "The Bolide looks like a Ferrari" could also say the Bluebuck looks like a Dodge 880.

12. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

just because you can doesn't mean you should

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I'll admit that I'm paticularly interested in USDM 5mph bumpers for the Bolide.

I also wonder if we could use a few more period customization options for the Bolide. George Barris's Ferrari 308 could be a viable starting point with its headlamps integrated into the bumper areas, and just look at the tricolore-striped interior!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. divebomber

divebomber
    Expand Collapse

good

15. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

That thing looks amazing

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. btcb48

btcb48
    Expand Collapse

Time for a quick mechanical and proportions post!

The Bolide is curious and, like the K-Series, shares some cross-model features.
    • Drivetrain specs are similar to 80's V8 MR Italian models.
    • Unlike those however, the V8 is mounted longitudinally like their higher end brethren.
    • Wheelbase, body, and track widths are high compared to overall body length. Chassis dimension proportions are closer to later V8 Lamborghinis or 288 GTOs than 308/328s.
    Personal preference time!
    • Try to pick a particular car model/family as a mechanical base and adjust the chassis dimensions to suit.
    • If sticking to V8s, embrace the off-the-boil slowness of the cars of that era, maybe use smaller capacities for even the 'proper' models but retain good high rpm power production. Make the base model a wimpy 2 litre for added effect. Find an alternative to the relatively large 3.9, maybe use a laggy but strong turbo system. Switch the race transmission from the 6 to a more 80's 5-speed.
    • Expand on the JRI scenario in some way, a Italian sports car zipping around a tropical setting just screams 80's television. :p

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Wrong, first one is holy and the other is horrible

18. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

maybe it is supposed to do that

19. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I agree. replace the 3.2, 3.5, and 3.9 with something like a 2.5, a 3.5 and a 2.5 turbo in the GTR, a-la-F40.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

the bolide to me just feels lacking compared to the cars of that time and what they had. i mean look, supercars from that time had scissor doors, targa tops, flat-12 engines/small v8s with turbos, crazy styling, pointless but cool aero, tacky us-market bumpers, different iterations over the years with vastly different styling, carburettors and injection for different markets, i could go on. but all this makes the bolide seem kinda boring if im honest, it's one bodystyle with uninteresting engines, no facelifts or cool aftermarket parts, regional differences or unique selling points. all it has really is pop-ups and even they seem weird to me, didn't most cars of the time have two individual lights inside the pop-up housing?
    i digress, it's not like it's a plain car on the surface but when you compare it to the actual supercars of the day it's got nothing interesting compared to them

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice