WIP Citroen C4 Picasso

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by slysenko, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

But than there is no update :/

2. slysenko

slysenko
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that's known issue.
    Should happen less freaquenlty in more recent versions.
    Basically for now the model is still in pre-alpha stage, as soon as it is not feature-complete even in terms of components. (Exhaust, mirrors and fuel tank are still to be added).
    Because of that, jbeams are not tuned in terms of deformation and destruction.
    And because of that, in some cases whole structure collapses due to "impossible" stregth. Later, components will deform and/or breakdown before creating such implosions.

- - - Добавлено - - -

I'm very-very sorry for this. GitHub for Windows application just silently removed softlink to directory and created an empty one. I never assumed such possibility - may be I'm too spoiled by reliability of linux. Anyway, https://github.com/sergey-lysenko/beamng_picasso/releases/tag/0.9.0.2

3. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Look! It works now! Great car.

BeamNG 2014-05-02 20-43-39-20.jpg

4. slysenko

slysenko
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! There is still much work to do until this project could be released, so it is very valuable for me. Getting some feedback early helps to make final product better.

5. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Instantly crashes the game with error report when i spawn it..

6. slysenko

slysenko
    Expand Collapse

7. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Hmm... will you UV map it?

8. slysenko

slysenko
    Expand Collapse

That's how I see the development plan for now:
    - finish modeling (fuel tank, exhaust, engine compartment, pedals, gearshift)
    - UV mapping
    - Props (Working headlights, etc)
    - LUA programming for digital speedo ?

9. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

And do not forget to improve j-beam for better deformation please ;)

10. slysenko

slysenko
    Expand Collapse

I would rather not touch that freaky mess of almost 10.000 beams ;) At least not before getting updated physics code. Btw I forget to put triangles into this list. Maybe it will magically cure the whole thing.

- - - Добавлено - - -

Could you also please post screenshots of what you call wrong deformations? Just to get an idea where to look at.

11. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I admire your ambition in simulating so many parts, but I don't think there's any good way to get it all to work well :( I've been making node/beam structures since 2007 and simplicity is your best friend.

12. slysenko

slysenko
    Expand Collapse

Appreciate that :)
    Yeah, I got that my "jbeam layout" is not very "compatible" with an engine. But from other perspective even now it works better then I was expecting initially. (My favorite part is how dashboard compartments are opening up after a kick). Actually this project was never intended to be wide-used popular production addon, is more like concept and stability/performance test for the game engine itself.

Just a quick question, Gabester: Is Digital speedo planned for any of official vehicles? Or should I just start digging into lua programming right away?

13. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

With the upcoming HTML canvas system, anything is possible. Digital speedo would be very easy, since you can map any HTML to a texture.

14. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

HTML popups and advertising. lol

15. slysenko

slysenko
    Expand Collapse

Ok, cool! Thanks for the update.

16. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

:O does this mean that if someone gets a virus, it could cause beamng to start having popup ads and stuff like that?

Scenario:

*going for a nice relaxing drive*
    *popup add*
    *crashes car because you cant see*
    *closes popup add*
    *"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"*
    lol

17. slysenko

slysenko
    Expand Collapse

Why oh why do you try to see a problem where there are none?
    HTML is just a markup language, and it's goal is to describe a textual/graphical contents.
    It's very cool feature for beamng engine to have ability to render textures that way, which gives a very poverfull and flexible tool for mods developers to make their creations more realistic and spectacular.
    And it has nothing to do with popus/ads, because BeamNG is not a browser and as far as I can assume, strictly technically speaking there will be no javascript support and no physical possibility to spawn a popup.

18. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

who said i always look for things that are wrong, i just thought i'd make something funny out of things said in posts (as people like to do in this forum, i see you have not noticed this)

19. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

What is wrong with pointing out where possible issues could be? Even if the issue is highly unlikely, i mean who would go through the effort just to inject adverts into BeamNG through a virus. But its better to think about possible issues than to find one once implemented since that will be far more damaging than asking about an issue early on.

Either way it seems like it could be a really cool way to create all sorts of adaptive textures, could be very interesting to see how people may exploit this in creative ways.

I genuinely think you are insane for making this Citroen in the way you have, but i love it. Its really awesome to see just how far the engine can be pushed in this respect as well as just being creative in general compared to all the other NB structures which are very samey.

20. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

more than highly unlikely, for a virus to violate the beamNG HTML sandbox it would already have had to infect your PC in the first place :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice