Car preview generator for Garage

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ltntai, Jul 8, 2019.

1. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

Garage workbench where you scribble a short description of the car.
    Meanwhile the generator takes a thumbnail snapshot, dynoes the vehicle and calculates its theoretical performance on standard surface (Grid) based on parts used, their weight and weight distribution,
    drag coefficient, tune-up and whatnot. And delivers a damage/mishap report if needed. Also sums up the hardware price of the car based on the part values and paint design.

Click save and professional quality, accurate and comparable preview is born.

If there is a need to correct the simulated numbers (´cos AI can´t drive a stick! etc.) then additional "Manually tampered performance" -section is created where data can be input based on test driving.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

There is a thumbnail generator app included in the default game, which when combined with photoroom light will let you create thumbnails identical to stock thumbnails. Then, follow the insturctions here to automatically generate performance statistics.

3. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I haven´t read that. But with the generator there would be no need to create, edit or relocate any files. All is done inside the garage.
    --- Post updated ---
    Now I have read that. Typical hackerman bullsh*t that doesn´t even seem to work. Preview making should be as easy as loading a mod from the repo.
    I don´t want to know what the .zip looks like or where it goes as long as it works in the game.
    No wonder why there´s so many cars with a blank preview, even official ones.

4. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

Rant continues. Last post was not supposed to be as offensive as it might sound. All the respect to the coders of that performance simulation.

I tried creating a custom skin/paint design and realized again I´m too old to spin all those files around.
    Back in the day, 1998, there was a game called Viper Racing that had a nice and easy to use in-game paint feature.
    Pics: https://www.google.com/search?q=vip...jAhWBo4sKHSm8AYgQsAR6BAgEEAE&biw=1565&bih=898
    There may be better ones now, I haven´t played much modern car games.

We need something similar. Maybe a garage upstairs office desk where you sketch a paint scheme like C. Foose himself, click save and your freshly painted car appears over the grease pit. This has been requested for quite a while, maybe it´s time to scrape something like that together.
    I don´t know if advanced collision physics makes it harder to do, but VR pulled it off 20 years ago and it was pretty advanced in its time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice