1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Car I Made For BeamNG Not Showing Up In Game??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by R3VAMP3RZ, Feb 1, 2014.

1. R3VAMP3RZ

R3VAMP3RZ
    Expand Collapse

Hello, And If You Know How To Fix This Problem Can Someone Help Me.. I Am Trying To Make My First Car, And Well It Kind'ove Is Not Showing Up When I Drive.. More Clear Info --> When I Select It I Can Drive It But Their Is No Model To Be Seen, But When I Press L Key I Can See It With The Debug Menu Only.. I Don't Know What's Going On??? I Also Don't Have Any DDS Files, If That's What Is Making Everything Not Show Up? But If You HAVE A Solution, Reply..

- - - Updated - - -

Just To Let You Guys Know, I Did Use Sketchup, But Wxported It With Blender To .DAE..

2. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

First, please use proper English, put commas and dots at the end of a sentence.
    Second, now after you have done Step 1, someone will help you (maybe).

3. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

It shouldn't matter, he needs help, and not with his grammar. Also you my friend don't even speak English that well either.
    See your own: Bad grammar example. :|

- - - Updated - - -

this is not my strongest suit, but do you have it visible on mesh?

4. R3VAMP3RZ

R3VAMP3RZ
    Expand Collapse

Well, thanks Guys For not Caring about My grammar.. And I did make a whole new car, like I exported the car to .DAE with Blender.. And i will try turning on visible on mesh.. And yay, so I will tell you guys what happens.. Thanks again For Understanding.. I am new to making cars on beamng.

5. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Most people give up when they have to create a jbeam for their cars. Before you start you should see if you can do it yourself or you'll be wasting your time.

6. R3VAMP3RZ

R3VAMP3RZ
    Expand Collapse

NO AND I TRIED EVERYTHING.. I TRIED VISIBLE MESH AND IT STILL DODNT SHOW.. ALSO I WANT A DRIVABLE ONE.. Sorry of I sound intense.. But I just can't get it it the game. And is heir anyway you can edit a .DAE file and replace it so you can see some changes or will it show the blank car!

7. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

8. R3VAMP3RZ

R3VAMP3RZ
    Expand Collapse

So where would I put it in the JBEAM File, I also did copy someone's JBEAM field to see I I could see my car, because I have no clue about JBEAM files,, if that's the problem then i will have to just give Up. :(

9. Michael

Michael
    Expand Collapse

If you are using someones Jbeam, you need to rename the parts of your car with the name of the one that you are using. Say you are using the Covet as a base. You want to open your model in blender. Then open blender again, and import the covet. Then you need to start re-naming your body parts and stuff to the same as the covets. So the covets front bumper name is called "covet_bumper_F". So then you need to go and change your front bumpers name on your model to "covet_bumper_F". You need to do this with every part you are replacing on the covet. Then once done, delete every part on the covet that you don't need. Then save you car with all the renamed parts and open it in the same blender window as the covet (in another layer). Then scale it down to size and lay it over whats left of the covet. Then you will have to set your location, rotation, and scale for all of the parts on your model by pressing Ctrl + A while you have one part selected. When you press "K" in game you are just seeing the Jbeam, not your model. You cannot simply just rename a model and throw it in a cars folder.

10. R3VAMP3RZ

R3VAMP3RZ
    Expand Collapse

so I am actually trying to create a chevorlet blazer. So I copied every one of the file from chrevorlet Tahoe mod from gaming.ru and I saw he had copied the JBEAMs from the jeep trail car, so I did the same but instead I got a blank car.. Did everything he did and nothing showed up.. Any ideas.?

11. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

your copying a shitty copy of the d15 probably. just start with the d15 jbeam

12. Michael

Michael
    Expand Collapse

You need to copy the jeep's folder and paste it somewhere else. Then rename the folder "Blazer" Then you need to open the jeeps DAE in blender and then the blazer DAE. Then just do what I said in the other thread.

13. Motovader72

Motovader72
    Expand Collapse

You must assign each part a Material.

Just plain gray if you want but if there is no material
    defined for each part, they simply won't show up in game
    because it doesn't know how to display it.

Hope it helps you. I spent several hours figuring this out...

Attached Files:

• Materials.JPG
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice