Can this build run BeamNG Drive >60fps?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by JackH, May 8, 2016.

1. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

As for the SSD, either get one that's twice or four times as big or just stay with your HDD. Wouldn't get a 120GB one.

2. vagabond139

vagabond139
    Expand Collapse

Those keys aren't legit.

"The vast majority are re-sold volume license keys, MSDN, student keys, or literally ripped off labels from prebuilts. I ordered one to see what the fuss was about and it was a partially torn sticker that clearly came from an OEM machine" - Admin at PCPP. . There is no difference between buying one of those keys and pirating Windows.

3. OrangePotato

OrangePotato
    Expand Collapse

That should run it just fine

4. JackH

JackH
    Expand Collapse

I finally ordered my PC parts! The PC has the following parts:
    Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz
    Antec Liquid Cooling
    Masscool Thermal Paste
    AsRock H110M Motherboard
    Crucial 8GB Ram
    WD 1 TB HDD
    120GB SSD
    Radeon R9 380X 4GB
    Corsair SPEC-01 Red ATX Mid Tower Case
    Rosewill 500W 80+ Gold PSU
    Windows 10 Home
    ASUS PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi Adapter

#24 JackH, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  5. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

Good build, but why in the hell did you go with an ASRock board? I've had nothing but trouble with them. My PC has a Gigabyte motherboard, no issues whatsoever in the 5 months since I've built my PC.

6. JackH

JackH
    Expand Collapse

I went with an ASRock motherboard because it had lots of good reviews and I watched a video of it being proved a good budget-friendly gaming motherboard.

7. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Good build, but graphics is not very nice. Because It's Radeon. You can have problems with graphics drivers.

8. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

I have a ASUS 380X 4GB oc'ed edition and haven't had any problems.

9. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

Don't spread BS. I still have 2nd PC with R9 380 and I can tell you that drivers are more stable on AMD card than NVidia's for GTX 970 - their most common GPU. R9 380 worked better than expected, it was my first ATI/AMD desktop card and it works great, it's opponent from NVidia was much slower - GTX 960. And this damn drivers myth... I used to use catalyst in 2008, yeah it was pain but I didn't knew English language and it had very bad opinion, I got R9 380 some days after Crimson release and I tried to find that driver issues, but I couldn't, it worked very good after high OC, crashes less than my NV cards, Crimson panel works damn fast, have nice settings and is really easy to use. Atm I'd say that drivers are on pair with NV or better on AMD - clearly from experience.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Ive got an i5 3570k with an HD 7950 (lower than a 380X by a bit) and an Asrock board. No problems so far after 11 months, apart from my seagate drive carking it. BeamNG gets about 60-50FPS even on maps like East Coast USA.

11. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

"AMD cards have issues" With any game, anyone who says that clearly hasn't used one. I had a PC with a 2 GB 270, never had a single issue. I had that PC for about 4 years. My PC I use now has a 4 GB 380, no issues so far.

12. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Used to. Keep up with current hardware please.

• Like Like x 1
  13. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

Found this recently:

It used to be true, now, not so much.

14. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

It also went the same way for Nvidia. Anyone remember the GTX 480?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

But not with Intel Iris Pro :cool:. (It's sarcasm)

16. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Well I was about to ask you why so negative, but that is me with MSI.. I know 3 people and 4 boards including one of my own that all had terrible ram detection issues and boot problems [although they worked] on low end mid end and High end enthusiast boards.

But my new build running an X99 Asrock that is on the high end, Unnecessary $500 money burning board, comes complete with diamond encrusted toilet paper I assure you, okay, but in all seriousness I bought it because it had a decently positive average review count. and some poeple making videos give some promising feedback about the reliability.

While I had one issue, that was my fault.

Many people have biases in this industry, usually based on personal or greater experiences.

I've personally never seen a dead board.

My Biases if anyone cares.

-Never was attracted to Gigabyte but I acknowledge they make good boards ["Usually" but that's everyone]

-MSI is garbage and should never even be considered for your mainboard.

-ASUS, Idk alot of their products in many different things just seem plauged with QC issues, some GPUs included, personally try to avoid them.

-Asrock, haven't had enough expirence but the one board I got has kept a smile on my face even if it's more expensive then my ram and PSU combine and almost rivals my CPU's price tag. [But expensive motherboards can be just as terribly reliable and garbage as an entry level one]

But anyway, strong opinions aside.
    --- Post updated ---
    Idk I used to have an [AMD] ATi Radeon HD 6850, never really had heating issues, although in the summer a few years into it's life it was a little hotter then I'd like but it was a reference design so, whatchya expect.

My old GTX770 actually had more heat issues and it was an EVGA SC.. Both cards were well looked after aside from almost killing the 770 with a liquid spill that occurred in 2015, it came out the same as before surprisingly, the driver on windows was corrupted by abrupt shutdowns during the event however.
    --- Post updated ---
    Idk I used to have an [AMD] ATi Radeon HD 6850, never really had heating issues, although in the summer a few years into it's life it was a little hotter then I'd like but it was a reference design so, whatchya expect.

My old GTX770 actually had more heat issues and it was an
    I'm sorry, that is bull, even in 2011-2013 when I had my HD6850 I had only moderate driver issues at times, ones requiring whole windows reinstall despite my best efforts, I'm sure they've come along quite nicely since then, why the AMD hate. I try to be as unbiased as possible in the GPU market, even if I stick to Nvidia because they provide me what I want. Doesn't mean I'm pro Nvidia.

However I've had Driver issues on the Nvidia side as well, one time my whole PC had a massive error due to my GPU driver freezing the entire pc and corrupting on the spot. =P good times. At this time my GPU was also running like a sloth in molasses averaging lowest settings on beam below 720p at 30fps avg..

After I had a huge fight with the drivers after they currupted, PCI-E swaps, I finally got things back in order on the GTX770 [Seating had nothing to do with this only drivers just swapped to get away from the corrupted driver that actually was basically completely butchering windows on that PCI-E slot]

I think fanboys need to die, stop saying one is better then the other and that's the end of the story because of loose facts.

AMD > INTEL is a good example, that's horseshit, AMD is simply in a CPU rut that they've dug for themselves, Zen will catch them up to the mainstream market as a good $200 range lineup that should trump the garbage low-end intel lineup.. they make you pay a fortune to get anything better then an I3.. then to get the new i5 k-series it's still a hefty premium just because.

In canada these prices are garbage.

Try building a mid-ranged HTPC.. come back with no pc? prices are simply in such an imbalance and if you wanna put an I5 in there you'll find it to be impossible, before you know it your HTPC will cost $1500-1750 Canadian. all you wanted was more power to back up the pc for more uses, AMD's option is okay as you don't need a discrete Graphics Card, however the power isn't there, i3s are okay but seem too little for the money, then the i5s have a shitty ecosystem so you'll pay Even more. let's see if Zen can fix this mess.

Get a used I5 you ask? Simple the new ones have a TDP perfect for an HTPC to keep heat in check, old lineups don't have this perk.

#36 KennyWah, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  17. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

I've seen people using MSI boards, and I've never seen anyone have an issue with them. Same with ASUS.

18. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Just as I've seen and now use Asrock with minimal issues from the board it's self, and seen nothing but issues with MSI.. all 4 times I've seen friends and myself use their boards.

I called it a bias for a reason.

Just as your Asrock is Shiet opinion is also a bias.

Let me quote "Why the hell did you go Asrock"

#38 KennyWah, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  19. hduncan806

hduncan806
    Expand Collapse

i have a r9 290 and a fx 4350 and can run high @60 fps

20. blueshift

blueshift
    Expand Collapse

btw, this is an old thread :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice