Can Gabester cease and desist?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Valhallatchaboy, May 10, 2017.

1. Valhallatchaboy

Valhallatchaboy
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if in the wrong section, but i am steaming mad.

How come Gabester can not take down sites like world of mods and other sites where they steal the games resources? I dont get it...i mean, BeamNG Drive is basically partly owned by Steam. What is the deal? I am getting tired of youtubers making their own Beamng-esqu forums, hosting half of the communities mods and stolen resource mods and not even giving anyone or the website credit. For example, Gabester's D15 was on another website but it was called 'The Sonoma' with the author being some Russian name that I know for certain wasnt allowed to use Gabester's resources because they claimed in very broken english it was all made from scratch.

Another example is of a youtuber who claims hes the Youtube Car video game king or whatever. He has a website of all the mods he uses, BUT he gives no credit AND claims he made them himself. For example, I forget the author's name but he made the Chiron. Why...i mean, this youtuber claims he made it but when questioned how he said "MS paint for the textures, and word pad for the LUA" which, despite not being a modder, i know is a horrible lie.

So i ask, why doesnt Gabester file a cease and desist? Is it because he doesnt have the time or energy(which is totally fine, in which case he should find someone to do that for him)? Is it because he chooses to leave the game open sourced for everyone so even if he could he cant because its open for everyone?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Allow me to fix some of your statements before I respond.
    BeamNG is not in any way owned by Steam or Valve.
    BeamNG.drive is not open source. We don't have access to the source code of any of the binary files.

Lawyers are expensive, especially with international lawsuits. As for mods, they are property of the modder, and the modder has to file copyright infringement stuff on their own.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Can Gabester (or infact any copyright holder) send a Cease and Desist? Yes. But not to Russia. Thats why most hackjob modders (more like robbers) are there. There is no law forcing them to follow copyright.
    Its importan to know im talking as far as i know.
    Also, lawyers are expensive. specially in international cases.

4. holographicdreams

holographicdreams
    Expand Collapse

Fyi that's why lots of exploits and viruses are made in Russia. There isn't much enforcement and hackers are everywhere.

5. Standard

Standard
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

How's a developer of a game going to single handedly take Down hundreds of websites?
    Explain that to me, jackass.

6. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

They - technically- not doing anything bad, other than posting shitty mods, a lot of mods are "re-posted" without the agreement of the authors on those shitty web sites, but in general they credit the original authors.

7. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Most of those sites also have pirated beamng links, which definitely harms everybody.

8. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

It only harms the people that download it, which is very little people in the first place. Basically only the idiots.

9. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

The devs don't get the money that they should have earned for the game if people pirate it instead.

10. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

You were talking about mods, which don't make money anyways, not the game.

11. Z24zorpx4

Z24zorpx4
    Expand Collapse

Most of the 3d Models in Russian Mods are Stolen From Other Games

12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

They may be able to send a message to the hosting company that hosts the mod websites and get them taken down that way. But what a colossal waste of time, it would be like whack a mole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Its a pretty well known fact that the vast majority of people who pirate games would never have bought the game in the first place.

Yes and many on the forums are also taken from other games, applies to everyone not just the ruskies.

Literally no reason to take down other sites reuploading mods, they are able to do as they please, as much as people might not like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice