Campaign / Scenario Improvements

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Яeverse Bass, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Яeverse Bass

Яeverse Bass
    Expand Collapse

While I have to admit that the campaigns are great fun, there's still a few things that happen to be annoying:

Unskippable, long introductions
    I have to say, they are looking great. But after you've seen them twice and you want to repeat the scenario, they are getting in your way, causing severe anger issues. You know, the slowly burning rage that eats you from the inside out...

Please, let us skip them!

Unchangeable camera positions
    It's fine if it's a cinematic camera that's not used during actual gameplay, such as a crash or falling to your very death. However, if it's not possible to change the camera during scenarios in which I have to navigate and see the [censored] road ahead, I do wonder if that's an oversight or a bug...
    Sceanario's ending
    That's something that's been getting at me for a long time. If I choose 'Freeroam', cars are disappearing, changing positions and resetting, I can't change vehicles etc. I just want it to be exactly like 'Freeroam'. Mostly because I'm curious, but also for easier debugging.
    Mouselook stuck
    If you use the mouse to look around freely while the ending screen comes, you'll get stuck and forced to reset the scenario. Please fix this bug!

Force FeedBack
    Please disable it when a scenario is finished and not started yet. Automatically. I don't need my wheel to go left and right as if a confused hamster on strong drugs was powering it...

Also, have certain triggers disable it, too. For instance, if you're driving off a cliff or anything like that, you really do not need FFB.

Freedom of choice
    I cryingly realised that you absolutely cannot choose to go to a desired part of a campaign, directly. I really loved a lot of the random stuff that was going in there, which I'd like to repeat, without the need of clicking and playing through parts ranging from 1 to infinty in order to get there...
    Automatic transmissions
    Small annoyance, but if you have an H-shifter and you try to go into D(rive) after playing a scenario in which you were using 'manual', you're gonna realise that you have to go into first gear, neutral and first gear again in order to use your car properly.

Otherwise you'll be revvin' the livin' [cencored] out of your engine...

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You can? Simply press A on the controller or ENTER on the keyboard? (Or click the 'START' button)

It's meant to be like that.
    It's unloading the scenario and bringing you back to normal free roam.
    You should still be able to do everything you can do in Freeroam.

That happens because the UI is showing up, and the mouse is no more on the 'game' itself.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

You mean how it wigles left and right? It only does this in slow mo. It does this because in real time it would do the same movement just faster. Because the wheels react slower in game means that the force feedback will be slower. This happens in every similar situation in slow mo in free roam or any other mode.​

4. Яeverse Bass

Яeverse Bass
    Expand Collapse

Not only, but also! Basically, I want to entirely disable FFB BEFORE and AFTER the scenario. And in cases where you don't need it, like falling off a cliff. One could simply use the same trigger the slow-motion / cinematic camera uses. I mean, it's just useless there and annoying as hell!

Plus, I bet that slow-motion FFB could be smoothed as well.
    Replies in technicolour.

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You still can.
    I can?

6. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

I THINK that what he meant is that in senseless destruction we have to wait until the cinematic camera made an entire loop around the instructions before we can skip it and go straight for the game.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice