1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Campaign feedback thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Oct 30, 2016.

1. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

For making the Scenario and game easier with a keyboard in anyway other than just kinda finetuning the keyboard controls I'm against it, a keyboard will never be an even sensible way to play a racing game without a ton of assists for keyboard users and even then it would probably be a bit iffy, so the only way they could do it would be by watering down level design and IMO a game should never be watered down simply for the sake of a very small minority of keyboard racers, my advice would be to just get a cheap used USB Xbox 360 controller, thats what I use and It probably wont cost more than beamNG which is much more than can be said about a proper FFB wheel setup and that will at least give you easily controllable brake and gas pedels and somewhat controllable steering if you're really careful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Endangered Spycrab

Endangered Spycrab
    Expand Collapse

• What did you like?
    I loved the flashy camera angles, well thought levels and the sleek, fast UI.

• What was meh?
    Some of those scenarios were to short

• What could we do better?
    You should be able to choose a certain level from the whole campaign. Missions with more interesting cars could also be fun (Skidplates, leaking fuel tanks etc. - I liked those scenarios)
    • What was a problem or blocking?
    I had trouble on the mission where you had to ram the Moonhawk off the cliff. The truck one was also hard. I would not consider it a problem but in the Moonhawk vs Vanster mission, there was a whole untextured, bare area of the map behind you. (To save memory, I guess?) You should somehow block that with barriers.

• What feature would you like to see in the future?
    More car chases, with more interesting cars. More good camera angles and some longer missions.
    • How can we polish the experience a bit more?
    Maybe even add music? The one from the "trailer" was really good! Use more dynamically changing camera angles and more interesting cars.

3. Sebas-Kitty

Sebas-Kitty
    Expand Collapse

• What did you like :the level design
    • What was meh :the camera angle system
    • What could we do better: make a option to turn on/off the camera angles
    • What was a problem or blocking?
    • What feature would you like to see in the future? :ingame campaign editor
    • How can we polish the experience a bit more?

4. Rodrigo1988

Rodrigo1988
    Expand Collapse

Start a carrer make money, can make better the cars, buy new motors, transmision and parts.
    more mods like oldsmobile car.
    The campings was so good, excelent, thanks for this amazing game

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

Senseless Destruction:

-The camera shots at the intro (would love to learn how), the bridge, the parts with forced trackside cameras. These stand out particularly. The highway is awesome because is you fail you still get a massive crash :) The showcase of cars that you can have in the sim is very well thought out, the potential of triggering things to happen to the car (drag race).
    -I know the campaign it's just a demonstration (dam fine one too) so I'm not really meh about any of it.
    -Make more scenarios with complicated objectives. Idea I had today that I'm gonna try, flatbed with ramp down running at 60mph n you gotta mount it in a Super or something(The Italian Job), I'm sure you guys could make that interesting.
    Better still focus on getting to the open world campaign. I can't wait till I actually get attached to a car and really look after it or pay the price out of my hard earned game money.
    -I had an issue to start with but that was just because my Sunburst was bugging out, all was good after that, so nothing.
    -Cannons! I've seen others asking and yeah, more cannon scenarios, drag races and circuit races (like the one I just released), use of rope bridges in levels, tutorial on the awesome camera and title intros.
    -hmm it's polished beyond my league so you'll just have to surprise me ;)

It's really coming along guys, been following since 2011 and have owned it from the first hour it was available in 2013 £5 bargain (I'm buying 3 of my friends a copy when the open campaign is out(I know it won't be multiplayer)), I've have had an awesome ride, keep up the fantasticness.

Rob

6. Theo

Theo
    Expand Collapse

I like the campaigns. There should be a way to select a level.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mario64iscool2

Mario64iscool2
    Expand Collapse

Phase two, this happens:

Attached Files:

• Screenshot (64).png
  8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

9. Mario64iscool2

Mario64iscool2
    Expand Collapse

@Nadeox1 I know how to verify cache through steam, I've used it to fix the textures on D-series and Roamer.

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Didn't ask you if you knew how to do that, but to do that and see if it solves your issue.
    What about Safe Mode?

Also, open your own thread for your, to not derail this one.

11. Kudlaty

Kudlaty
    Expand Collapse

In general really liked camera movements, scenario description and UI which looks good. Also increasing difficulty of 'Driver's Training' was nice thing.

Thing that's 'meh' are checkpoints - maybe not strictly campaign related but their look could be improved and I'll let myself describe problem here. I'm driving mostly from interior view and often checkpoints are somewhere far on sides where I can't see them. If You want to keep this checkpoint style put inside arrow facing next checkpoint (something like GTA V has). Even better and immersive would be real props like small flag posts pointing direction, traffic cones arranged like in autocross races or similar 'physical' stuff.

Didn't found any progress blocking issues, but few scenarios of 'Senseless destruction' can be completed by waiting till timer runs out.

In future I would like to see (like many others) ability to choose scenario from campaign, but only once I completed it. Also good idea may be giving player ability to see replay of scenario after summary. Maybe make it fade away after short time and automatically start replay.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

That arrow thing like in Crazy Taxi and apparently GTA 5 is Patented by Sega so I don't think there's even a remote possibility of that happening

13. junker102

junker102
    Expand Collapse

they were really well done. loved the title of senseless destruction.

14. Kudlaty

Kudlaty
    Expand Collapse

Huh... never knew about that, surprising what one can learn :)
    'Crazy Taxi' arrows are floating on top of screen (part of HUD). I was thinking more about arrows inside checkpoints. Not sure if their patent covers them too. Maybe R* already patented them for GTA lol

15. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

I think they are good! Just add more!
    The cool camera angles, and ideas make the game much better! Just have the loading screen only occur on the first time you start it.

16. William Johannessen

William Johannessen
    Expand Collapse

Ok

17. SkeletonSlayer99

SkeletonSlayer99
    Expand Collapse

I loved that the Senseless Destruction was so optimized for my bad computer.
    Could you optimize the Driver Training or make the first mission easier because I cannot do it without failing.
    I can't wait for more campaigns because these are amazing

18. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Is your fps the issue? If you have below 20fps you won't be able to do any of the drivers ed mission as the timers are no longer in real time.

19. SkeletonSlayer99

SkeletonSlayer99
    Expand Collapse

Yea but fps is an issue and I was able to do the senseless destruction no problem and with that there are at least two cars

20. AllTerrainOutlaw

AllTerrainOutlaw
    Expand Collapse

I wish there was an option to choose individual missions in the campaign .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice