On Hold Bus for BeamNG.drive

Discussion in 'Land' started by TornadoTES, Apr 18, 2021.

1. TornadoTES

TornadoTES
    Expand Collapse

Hello person who is seeing this, I am making a bus for BeamNG.drive.
    I prefer it to be a G7 1200 from Marcopolo, but i might pick something else.
    I will post my updates here, and eventually the zip file.
    Happy (future) bussing!
    (production has been slowed due to school)

#1 TornadoTES, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
  2. bpcarnes

bpcarnes
    Expand Collapse

Do you have any progress?
    --- Post updated ---
    I said this because you have to have progress to make a thread here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TornadoTES

TornadoTES
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I do.
    I exported an automation car for the wheels, suspension, and engine so I don't have to program or do anything like that.
    I also modeled the standard bus model.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot158.png
  4. bpcarnes

bpcarnes
    Expand Collapse

Ok, nice! Good luck.

5. Xupaun

Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

Nice to see, finally, a project of a motorcoach to BeamNG. Although I believe you should use the DT40L's chassis to base your bus, since it has the air suspension, the diesel engines and other things, also, if you manage to add the third axle (and maybe a fourth) it becomes a perfect base to a Paradiso 1800 DD 8x2.

PS: @Ai'Torror has a 6x2 frame for the Citybus, so you can drop a message and ask if you can use his frame.

6. TornadoTES

TornadoTES
    Expand Collapse

You're right, as I did go on https://www.marcopolo.com.br/marcopolo/start to find the G7 1200's engine specs, but I couldn't find them, so I guess I will use your option or look harder to find them.

7. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

honestly, when i didn't see any progress, i thought it was gonna be another one of those threads. needless to say, im excited for a big bus for this game.

btw, you should post your progress pics in your first message. people get turned off when they don't see progress in the first post cause they're too lazy to look. convenience is nice though

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Xupaun

Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

Actually, you will never find the engine specs on Marcopolo's website. You'll find it on Mercedes Benz (O-500 R, RS and RSD), Scania (K-Series), Volvo (B series) or Volkswagen (18.330 OT). Since all those brands are european, I'd use the MB O-500 series' specs, out them on the DT40L or DT45L frame and rebrand it to ETK (to make it lore friendly), also, I'd change some design bits from the Paradiso so you don't get any problems with Marcopolo.

9. TornadoTES

TornadoTES
    Expand Collapse

That's right, I probably should change pieces for copyright issues, also yes I did use the DT40L frame.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice