Burnside Revamp

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by 88fiero, Sep 21, 2022.

1. 88fiero

88fiero
    Expand Collapse

Personally I think that the burnside Special Needs a remaster, a few things are maybe radiused wheel wells so we can fit bigger tires on it, also maybe a 2 door version. Lastly, maybe some racing interior parts, like racing seats and a roll cage.

Anyone can also post some more ideas for the Burnside Special

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I agree with the radiused rear arches, but on top of that, I think the whole trunk of the car should be split into a separate part, so they can add a 1949 pre-facelift with a much rounder boot on it, while also selecting radiused or non-radiused arches..

on top of that, more period aftermarket accessories, like an evaporative cooler, sun visor, timber roof rack, curb-feelers, etc. and more "frenched" parts for the lead sled.

and while it's a bit far fetched, as they haven't done many other alternate bodystyles, i'd love to see a woody wagon, even if it's an embossed metal body "tin woody" like a chev or olds from the era.
    the "actual wood structure body" could always be left to some completely separate older car.

#2 CaptainZoll, Sep 21, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 10
  3. 88fiero

88fiero
    Expand Collapse

I 100% agree with everything you just said

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. A8den

A8den
    Expand Collapse

like a new facelift or prefacelift or new unibody

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. SuperAgentAlex

SuperAgentAlex
    Expand Collapse

We need a set of retrofuturistic parts that makes it look like a Dr Grordbort car.
    Just in case anyone at all doesn't get it, how about this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 88fiero

88fiero
    Expand Collapse

Found a old pic of the Burnside when it was in development
    --- Post updated ---
    Thats Cool

Attached Files:

• burnsidespecial.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SuperAgentAlex

SuperAgentAlex
    Expand Collapse

A sedan, wagon, prefacelift, retrofuturistic, and maybe even a hovercar would be cool additions.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

Im one that against a remaster, all this car needs is a content overhaul and thats it, and even then what with how all the current remasters are going getting new body styles is highly unlikely. Though i will note it seems a touch on the tall side for something from 1953, even the Chrysler corp cars from the that period look lower to the earth than the Special, and im not necessarily talking about ride height. One i would think good point against a remaster what with how little seems actually wrong with car or outdated is that all the time taken for bringing an already fine car up to newer standards is time not used on remastering cars that actually need one, you all know which ones they are

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TMccanna

TMccanna
    Expand Collapse

yea for 53 it seems quite fancy. even chryslers premium models had i6s and other lower end parts like manual brakes and whatnot. a coupe model i would love to have as an official thing.

10. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

Thats not what i meant, i mean the car is physically very tall by going from the distance between the ground and roof

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. TMccanna

TMccanna
    Expand Collapse

that as well, didnt read the whole comment lol, just figured you meant tall as in "super overly fancy"

12. Keon_

Keon_
    Expand Collapse

I'd love to see a Willys Wagon/Suburban style "SUV" with 4WD based on the Burnside.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

there's not really any burnside special there, that's kind of like saying "make a roamer out of this grand marshal"
    even the burnside's engine, which is pretty advanced for the early 50s, wouldn't really fit in a truck from that era.

that being said, as a completely new vehicle, a gavril or bruckell truck from that era would be awesome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Keon_

Keon_
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, they are quite different, but it's not completely unrealistic. I'm sure if it was given a slightly taller roof and a bit more of a utilitarian looking front end, it'd be fine.
    upload_2022-9-22_10-23-52.png

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. herb714

herb714
    Expand Collapse

Here's a few ideas for a Burnside revamp:
    A lower end variant like the DeSoto Powermaster and Mercury Custom, with an I6. It could also have the Special's 5.1 liter V8, like the Oldsmobile 88.

Coupe and convertible variants like the Monterey coupe, Firedome coupe, and 98 coupe.

A wagon variant like the Monterey wagon.

A Gavril variant like the Dodge Meadowbrook and Ford Customline.

And an export variant like the DeSoto Diplomat with a slightly different body. An Australian export variant could also have a coupe utility variant.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice