1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Bug in Demo (actually kinda breaks the demo-ness of the demo)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Locofan2003, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Locofan2003

Locofan2003
    Expand Collapse

I found a bug in the demo where if you go into the Map Editor with F11, you can change the color of your car and possibly the model, idk. I could only change the color to black, but i'm no tech genius. :p I guess you could fix it if you want, idk. :p:p

EDIT: proof will be posted when my recording computer decides to boot

2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

You're still limited to one car at a time, and only the Covet (the other vehicles simply aren't present in the demo code), and one map.

So changing the colour isn't really a exploit.

3. Locofan2003

Locofan2003
    Expand Collapse

4. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Changing the color isn't really enough to make someone not feel the need to buy the game for variety..

In fact I'd say the BeamNG demo would get boring really fast, with no mods and limited map selection there wouldn't be much to do with your one car other than just crash it over and over into boring walls... driving around and crashing aren't the only fun things to do in Beam...

Just look at games like Just Cause 2's demo... it had upwards of 5-10hrs of enjoyment out of a 20 minute demo in a small restricted area, but you could do so much and admire comical propane tanks flying around on fire. You could even stick things to them, even yourself I might add.

Much more enjoyment in demos back in the day then we get now, but BeamNG's demo is really good considering most titles don't get one, and all you get are video teasers rather than game play teasers that you experience yourself.

Not to mention BeamNG doesn't have enough content to unlock more in the demo.

#4 KennyWah, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice