WIP Beta released Bruckell Moonhawk - AWD 'Top Speed' Edition

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by SleepyPickup, Sep 15, 2013.

1. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Bruckell Moonhawk - AWD "Top Speed" Edition

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

The custom model with rear spoiler and window lip, along with wider tires has been made by and is 100% DrowsySam, I am using his .DAE because it's way cooler than the original Moonhawk, and suites my engine mods.

Here is his original "Moonhawk Sport":
    The-Moonhawk-Sport-RWD-AWD

If you don't like an all black vehicle that you can barely see, I highly suggest taking my engine, transmission, suspension and tire code and swapping into Sams, his modded Moonhawk looks like a respectable car you could drive on the street and not get pulled over.

Specs:
    Top speed is 300MPH (This is a WIP, expect at least 500MPH in the future)
    10,000HP
    0-60MPH in 1.88 seconds (V8-AWD-Stripped)

Work done:
    -Heavy duty suspension stiffened up and lowered just a tad
    -Body drag reduced to 0, differential friction set to 0
    -AWD code added to engine file, and tweaked to suite the Moonhawk
    -Engine code and trans code copied from my pickup (Replaces supercharged V8)
    -Sport tires have more PSI and traction
    -Body blacked out
    -Windows tinted
    -Lights blacked out
    -Interior blood red
    -Body stripe blood red

Work to be done:
    -Every tire option re-tuned and made a little better. The sport tire being the best.
    -Engine and transmission tuned specifically for the moonhawks capabilities.
    -Complete suspension overhaul, I will probably focus mostly on 'sport'.

The goal:
    -If my pickup can reach over 800MPH without even trying, the moonhawk should easily be able to match it. So that's my goal, 800MPH+ Moonhawk. With suspension to match it, and make it a track/drift king.

Video examples (Outdated):

New Video! High speed wall impact test!:

Instructions for the vehicle:
    -Extract the "Top Speed Moonhawk" folder to your vehicles folder

Instructions for the included darkened wheel:
    -Extract "steelwheel_05a_d", to the "Common" folder, where you vehicles are, it will overwrite the existing .dds (Mine has been darkened to match the car)

*Be Aware!*
    -The front tires are not designed to see power, and the steering technology is correct for the vehicle year. This means the steering will break, so be gentle. (This is a WIP, I'm trying to fix this)
    -Also, because of the steering design, increasing lock and steering speed is impossible. It will insta-snap.

-I thoroughly suggest using automatic transmission mode, manual mode is too intense for the front wheels and snaps the steering.

I recommend using the "V8-AWD-Sport-Stripped" from the vehicle selector drop down menu, this is the version I use when I tweak the car.

Attached Files:

#1 SleepyPickup, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. iRandomist

iRandomist
    Expand Collapse

Nice work, the wheels can't even handle the speeds! haha Can't wait to drift with this.

3. Excisionized

Excisionized
    Expand Collapse

You need to do a top speed edition of all the Vehicles man (van, ibihsu, civetta, and the grand marshal) i cant get enuf of the darn pickup you made so keep it up bro.

4. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the kind words!

Most people are interested in realism vs 'stupid fast', so I don't want to start throwing out top speed versions of every car, unless a lot of people request it.

I have an AWD Grand Marshal, but untill the bendy steering rack gets fixed in an update, it's a useless vehicle to try and drive. Every time you turn the wheels the steering rack bends and twists, and throws off the alignment.

5. Jhoff13

Jhoff13
    Expand Collapse

Hey your download isn't working for me it just keeps linking me back to this page. I'm probably just missing something. But I agree with the other guys I LOVE your truck and would like to see "murder" editions of every vehicle. Need a high speed crash in a short distance? just murderfie your vehicle haha seriously though keep up the good work

yep just didnt read the text under the video sorry bout that

6. JJscoobs

JJscoobs
    Expand Collapse

-

#6 JJscoobs, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  7. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

I appreciate you editing your post shortly after you made it. My email shows me the original and it was quite offensive.

I won't argue with you about your opinion, so far you seem to have the grammar and conduct of a 16 year old.

8. JJscoobs

JJscoobs
    Expand Collapse

-

#8 JJscoobs, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  9. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

So you clearly missed the part were I mentioned I would be tuning the suspension and tires to specifically handle the power and type of vehicle.

I have no experience with custom making, or importing wheel models. I'm completely satisfied with the wheels that already come with the Moonhawk. I feel that would be an unnecessary step and delay the release of a download even further.

I guess I appreciate your input, but I don't like how you first entered this project thread. I'm not making this to be popular, or gain respect. This is for my sole enjoyment, and a couple people seem to be interested in it so I will make it available for download when it's ready. If you don't like it, don't download it.

10. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

check out my stupid tune. Does wheelies and shit. Impossible to drive and tires blow up at like 230mph for some reason. I tried to edit the wheels but they just exploded. Make sure you don't overwrite any of your modified files though.

edit: this only works on "the terrible" version by the way. I didn't mean to change the other cars' suspension but I did when I was trying to figure out what part of the suspension jbeam controlled the terrible.

Attached Files:

#10 moosedks, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  11. Jhoff13

Jhoff13
    Expand Collapse

Yeah maccaberry obviously has not driven your truck. You can NOT kill the drivetrain on that thing again keep up the good work and know that there are people who enjoy what your doing like you said don't download if it doesnt interest you

12. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

I left your files in my original Moonhawk (mine is a separate vehicle), Ok that's just silly, 18k redline and it does wheelies! Haha, good show. Yeah the tires don't seem to enjoy life for very long though haha. I'm leaving my default Moonhawk like that, it's pretty silly. :p

The very first thing I did was delete the line that breaks the driveshaft, simply because it's way too much fun to keep driving after a rollover. I made over 20 laps around gridmap once, my rollover record was 7, and it kept on driving. Alignment was a little off though..

So, related news:

I'm hard at work improving suspension and steering. But I've hit a dead end...

The Moonhawk is an interesting specimen. The pickup just has a steering rack with tie rods (You can make the steering invincible); the Moonhawk has a steering box with all the components that come with it, (idler arm, tie-rods, center rod..). This means it's not as easy as just setting the strength to 9999999.

The steering attachment points are very weak, and it does not allow for increased steering lock, and on top of that all 4 tires wobble under acceleration (not just the front). So accelerating doesn't snap the tie rods, it breaks the whole steering assembly.

There are a lot of...'issues'.. that the Moonhawk still has, so it makes modifying and testing very difficult. I may have to hold off on releasing this until Gabe makes a few tweaks and releases an update. That way I can make it drivable at least when it's ready. Trust me, it's not that much fun in its current state.

Besides that, I got bored after looking at code for too long and tossed together a fairly average crash compilation, I added the video to my first post at the top of the page.

Again, thanks for the kind words. I'm just trying to make my membership here worthwhile and contribute something interesting. (And maybe hold the record for the fastest cars...)

13. JJscoobs

JJscoobs
    Expand Collapse

-

#13 JJscoobs, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  14. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

I think if SleepyPickup can pull off making any car in the game insanely fast, strong, and fun to drive he should absolutely do it. Adding different drive train options (AWD,FWD,RWD) can really help with the handling of some cars and gives an overall different feeling to each car, which only adds to my enjoyment of the game. Sometimes I just want to see how small of a cube I can turn a car into, or how much hang time I can get off a jump, and so far nothing has been a better choice for doing so then his Murder Pickup. I would love to be able to have all that power in each car we have in the game. One of the best parts of this series of mods is that they are separate vehicles, so its not going to overwrite anything about gabes original vehicles so whats the harm in having them? I really hope you do continue making new Top Speed editions, thank you for starting on the Moonhawk, it is quickly becoming one of my favorite cars in the game! I would love to see a release for the Grand Marshall and the Covet someday, Best of luck on working out the steering issues!

15. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

That was very nice LSD, thank you.

Couldn't have said it better myself. If I can make just one person happy and enjoy the game a little more, I've done my part. My pickup mod made me enjoy the game 100% more, there's nothing like hitting a wall going over 300mph. It's truly amazing how flat a vehicle can get...

And of course, it's separate from the default vehicles. You can have your cake and eat it too.

16. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

The destruction you can cause in this game is fantastic, I'm in awe sometimes seeing the whole truck shake on impact and then just fold in on its self..So cool. I hope someday I can bring something to the community as well some day, I've never played another game that has seemed so accessible for content creation and made me want to create something of my own so much.

17. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Updated with download!

It's just barely drivable with how much power it makes. The automatic does a great job of keeping the tires from loosing too much traction and snapping the steering.

It can do laps, it can drift, and it most certainly can crash. But the fragility of the steering plays a major role in how quickly you have to reset the car.

Also, this was made on my laptop @ lowest settings and at 20FPS. I have not put this on my desktop yet, so I have no idea what it looks like on full. I will correct quality issues.

18. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

Cool I'll try it out when I get home. :)

19. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

26 file views and no one reported back saying it looks like crap with the settings on highest? Haha, ok.

So I finally got to my desktop and set everything to highest, there was a lot of textures issues. My fault for releasing this from a laptop on lowest settings.

I went through and made sure everything looks the way it's supposed to, everything should look fine, the pictures should be exactly how yours will look. (except for the wheels, those need to be edited separately, or download the extra file like I mentioned before)

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

Enjoy!

PS: I am still working on the suspension and transmission, expect an update soon.

20. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Just got a chance to try this out- thanks for the quick release, It is definitely fast and fun to crash! As you said in your post there is still some work to be done on the steering, the Moonhawk seems to be less controllable with all this power then the Pickup is. Under acceleration or turning the front wheels wiggle around allot, when you zoom in it almost looks like the tires are deforming or something. The steering does break for me, but when I make less severe turns I can avoid it most times (the wheels still shake around regardless but once you stop turning or slow down it seems to be fine). The car also wants to flip over much easier when drifting, maybe that could be fixed in the suspension or tires?

I totally understand the car is an early WIP and I'm not trying to criticize, still a fun car. Just curious, how much of this do you think can be fixed given the cars design? Good choice on the red racing stripe and interior instead of all black. I'm glad DrowsySam's tire and body mods are included as well, they look great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice