WIP Bruckell Grand Courier (LeGran Ute)

Discussion in 'Land' started by Yottabyte1024, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Yottabyte1024

Yottabyte1024
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! :D

I will say however, the jbeam right now is complete garbage (image below) since I'm still using an only slightly modified jbeam from stock, and I'm still trying to work out the texture situation.

This whole thing has been a learning experience for me. :p

screenshot_00054.png

2. Falloutguy99

Falloutguy99
    Expand Collapse

feel free to criticize me for this observation but i'm getting 90's holden vibes here (not by much tho)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Peter Beamo

Peter Beamo
    Expand Collapse

Want to say
    your model skill is A LOT BETTER than mine :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

What exactly is going on with that, anyway?

It doesn't look like the doors or door windows were modified (or needed to be), so why theyre messed up is beyond me.

What kind of material errors are popping up in console?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yottabyte1024

Yottabyte1024
    Expand Collapse

It's just some overlapping names of materials that's confusing the game. I'm working on fixing it right now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

About the uvs, do you know how to modify them?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yottabyte1024

Yottabyte1024
    Expand Collapse

Currently, I still have no idea what I'm doing. Given more time to mess with it, I bet I could figure it out (it's how I figured out the textures), but I'd appreciate your help/advice, as am quite new to this. :p:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. WinnebagoMan

WinnebagoMan
    Expand Collapse

Great job so far, But if I had to offer any constructive input it would be to make the back quarter window round off at the top and make the end of the cab 'slide' into the bed area (Similar to the '77 - '87 Elcamino). The only other thing I'd like to see is an 8-foot bed variant with HD suspension parts and a big 'ol high displacement engine (Perhaps dubbed the Grand Lariat?). As for UVs, I can do all the tedious texture positioning for you but you'll have to re-compile my finished product for BeamNG since whenever I try it just becomes a weird spinny mess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

@Yottabyte1024

Do you have these new faces combined? Aka no doubled vertices?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yottabyte1024

Yottabyte1024
    Expand Collapse

It seems due to mirroring of my mesh, I inadvertently copied some faces over each-other. It should be easy enough to fix I think. The thing I'm more confused about is the lack of smoothing. I have no idea what is causing that.

11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Feel free to make a minivan out of that thing, that's where the first GM minivan came from.
    Chevrolet Lumina platform was a revised version of the Celebrity/Cierra/Century platform (as per wiki).
    Lumina APV / Trans Sport / Silhouette was the first car-frame minivan from GM, which was revised in 1997 to look like mainstream minivans like the kind from Chrysler / Ford / Import brands.
    I owned a 98 Trans Sport, it was nice, last a long time, was pretty safe but not in front-end impacts (!!!). Area forward of the A-pillar was too strong, so between A-B pillar crumpled.
    I've been trying to get people to make a minivan for a while now.

Nevertheless, the mod looks pretty nice.

12. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

any progress?

13. Yottabyte1024

Yottabyte1024
    Expand Collapse

Currently just small stuff like uv mapping the bottom of the car, and small modifications to the jbeam. I'd been able to work on it quite a bit over my spring break from school, but now that I'm back in school, I've been pretty busy, especially with final exams coming up, and all the studying and review that goes with them.

It's very likely I'll be able to get at least a decent amount of work done on this car this weekend. I'll keep everyone posted. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. AntiAnkka

AntiAnkka
    Expand Collapse

This should probably have a longer wheelbase at least as an option. Love the effort!

15. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

It reminds me a lot of a Subaru Brat, mainly because of the the taillights and the rollbar. Great work. :)

16. Yottabyte1024

Yottabyte1024
    Expand Collapse

I realized I haven't posted up-to-date pictures to this thread in a while (I've been posting them to development screenshots), so are some photos of an off-road ute in my favorite color. :D
    screenshot_00085.png screenshot_00086.png screenshot_00087.png screenshot_00088.png screenshot_00089.png screenshot_00090.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Otto von Biscuit

Otto von Biscuit
    Expand Collapse

18. Car Crusher Creative

Car Crusher Creative
    Expand Collapse

19. Yottabyte1024

Yottabyte1024
    Expand Collapse

Not really, it's still more popular than red, orange, and yellow, and 12% isn't all that low either.
    IMG_3060.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Otto von Biscuit

Otto von Biscuit
    Expand Collapse

He got a point there.
    also what you showed off there looks amazing. if you want i can adapt your ute to become electrified.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice