WIP Beta released BombBoy4's Engine Pack V1.6.0.1

Many, many engines and parts to play with; my 'experiments' go here

1. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Engines for mods was never my first priority, just a side addition. I can't do much if it doesn't work because it could be either of the mods. I can check if the names are right or if I used an outdated version to template the engine when I get home.

2. Serpreme

Serpreme
    Expand Collapse

I just figured it out. It only works with the codename fullsize frame, so it can't really be used with most of the mod

3. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

There's multiple?? I have like 4 mods installed (besides my own), which is why I don't focus on them. The Old Full-size is not one of the ones I have, but I downloaded it temporarily to copy the engine jBeam.

4. Serpreme

Serpreme
    Expand Collapse

Most of the oldsfullsize mod is actually a separate mod. The core mod is codename fullsize, but then you have to download the addon. I think it was done that way to get around repo restrictions.

And every time I hear someone talk about the number of mods they have I feel like a hoarder because I have around 200

5. EvanHellaFlush

EvanHellaFlush
    Expand Collapse

@BombBoy4 could you add the turbo lima 2.3 to the grand marshal, and make it compatible with the grand marshal coupe mod by NinetyNine?

6. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

A 2.3 turbocharged Ford Pinto? Hell yeah I'm doing that.
    I think all engines compatible with the base GM are compatible with the mod, but I'll check.

7. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

they are indeed compatible

8. EvanHellaFlush

EvanHellaFlush
    Expand Collapse

awesome!

9. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

The boost gauge is now in the RC branch, time to make some configs and a turbo and release an update! Currently it's only in 2 cars, but each one to add takes ~2 hours to position. Ideas for configs/engines/etc are very helpful!

10. EvanHellaFlush

EvanHellaFlush
    Expand Collapse

AWESOME! Thank you for accepting my suggestion!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ramen Noodles 23

Ramen Noodles 23
    Expand Collapse

I love this mod. but its seems it replaces the vanilla turbos with v6 turbos, which I prefer vannila for my 200bx.

12. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

My mod doesn't add any turbos for the 200BX or any intakes for the V6... The only forced induction it adds is a supercharger to the 200BX.

13. Tronadorous

Tronadorous
    Expand Collapse

Nice looking mod! Certainly will be giving this a try, from what I can tell your sounds are Forza 4 sourced correct? (besides the URAL which sounds like it's from a youtube video) if so they fit great :). Will give this a good go today and review later :).

EDIT

Ah nope got that wrong they are from Automation + Spintires ha, my bad. Curious though, how did you manage to extract the sound files from the encrypted .bank files? I've been looking into this for a few games but a lot of the tools out there today don't seem to work with more modern games.

#73 Tronadorous, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  14. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Because Automation uses FMOD (and Assetto Corsa, which I'm preparing for a future update), there's a tool that can extract .bank files. Spintyres is much simpler, with only an unencrypted zip file holding the sounds.
    To learn how to extract from FMOD, check this thread out, there's lots of posts that explain it.
    The names in parentheses at the end of each sound's description is the name of the folder and I got it from; for example the Spintyres sound came with the name ural_low.wav. It's just a measure to prove to anyone that the sounds are legitimate and I have proof that I did the swaps myself, as I know where they come from. It came useful in one scenario, that I won't name, where one member bashed me in a PM for stealing his sound mod, when I had proof in fact I swapped it myself. All was good afterwards.

15. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Nice mod, honestly it should be part of the game rather than the mod. I have two suggestions though, 1) please oh please make the custom sounds be able to work with all the other engines, I'm sure everyone would like that :) 2) Maybe have an option that can let you change the RPMs, because me personally, and I'm sure others, would love to make say the 663 CUI Engine run at 8k+ rpms

• Like Like x 1
  16. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much :)
    I wish the repository would allow overwriting of official engines, because then I could change the sounds for official engines, but instead I have to create specialty engines for them.
    About setting the RPM, I'm working on making some options available to tune in the menu with alignment and stuffs like RPM and friction, but it won't be available in the next update.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Maybe have the sounds for the vanilla engines as an addon in this discussion tab, sort of like the oldsfullsize if that makes any sense

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

I had another idea! The 663 for oldfullsize+it's addon!

• Like Like x 1
  19. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Would take a little too much work on my end to replace most engines with the sound, because I tune each engine to sound very close to their real-life counterparts. Also, updates would be a pain, and it's already hard to upload a simple update to the main branch on my internet let alone two branches. Sorry, though.
    Sure :)

20. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Make sure the sounds work!:rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice