lemme upload a screenshot lol
    --- Post updated ---
    here it is

Attached Files:

• 2017JeepWranglerTorqueCurve.jpg
  2. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Alright, no guarantees, but I may be making a skin or two to go with this pack. An engine pack wasn't the only thing I had in mind, but it sure won't ever be a full-blown config pack.
    Oh and the next update is awaiting approval. It's named "Hauling in an Update" ;)

3. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

BombBoy4 updated BombBoy4's Engine Pack with a new update entry:

V1.3 - Hauling in an Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Great mod as always, but i cant seem to figure out how to get the custom sounds, any help?

5. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

What do you you mean? What configs/engines are you using?

6. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Oh...I thought it would be an option or something in the parts menu...wow i feel like an idiot

7. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Haha it's ok, we're all idiots sometimes.

8. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

@BombBoy4 I just had a quick look at your code you realise you cant "split gears" in the game yet...

9. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean? Are you talking about the 18-speed?

10. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Yeah you cant split the box when you use the High Low range box, its not as simple as you think, you only have 9 gears and the Hi/Lo range box doesnt work

11. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I thought about that, but I just copied what the site I used (I quoted it in the jBeam file if you want to look at it) and used what I had to make it. It's a 9-speed that, with the use of a splitter, can also be used as an 18-speed. There's no official splitter, so I cheated with a rangebox.

12. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

What range did you set in the range box if I may ask to get the full 18 speed effect?

13. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

This is what I used to model the transmission: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIDxAB&usg=AOvVaw1l7Qyb0H9cN4zTKO1N9PEH
    I used every high gear, with the rangebox set to the 0.86 or whatever it says to in high. In low, theoretically the ratios should line up with the low gears, because the rangebox is set at the ratio it tells me to.

14. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

It feels like its not there actually thats what I get off that range selector

15. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

ok i have another question, how did you get that barstow in your video to 8k rpms? :p

16. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

The transmission itself only has 9 gears, you have to select the 18-speed transfercase in the selector to mimic 18 gears.
    I did do it wrong, now that I think about it, I used the wrong ratios, but all it should mean is a slightly lower top speed/higher acceleration. The correct way to shift a real 18 speed is to use the first 9, then enable the splitter and start over. Another way (and the one I implemented) is to use every other gear, with the only reason to use the odd gears being you need the extra torque.
    I'm not a truck driver, but that's what I've heard.

17. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Yeah look at the T-Series truck, the gearbox in that is a mimic of the Eaton Fuller 13 speed box I believe and in the code of it all the gears are there, I might have to go in and edit your mod (I have NO plans on releasing it since its stealing!) to add in the extra missing gears

18. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

My goal was originally to simply fix the 18-speed and change the ratios to a real trans so it wouldn't kill me whenever I drove it, but I later figured out that shifting an 18-speed is no fun without an H-shifter, and even then some modifications will be needed. That's why I turned it into a 9-speed and added a rangebox to simulate an 18-speed. If you can figure out a way to implement a splitter instead that would be awesome!

19. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Yeah well sometimes using the Hi/Lo box may seem an obvious choice....its sometimes better to code in the other gears to make it easier try doing a 45 speed gearbox with 3 levels of 15 speeds each, Low, Mid, High thats an impossible task in the game!

20. Serpreme

Serpreme
    Expand Collapse

I can't find the new motor for the oldsfullsize

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice