WIP Beta released Bolide F136R (not Ferrari) with custom sounds

Discussion in 'Configurations' started by fufsgfen, Dec 29, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Another thing that has been under works for a while and is unfinished, did little tuning and adjusting today and it has now quite ok sound.

Should put engine model in too, more tuning would be good, even thumbnail picture, but it kinda is how it is, maybe some will find some use for it.

This is another one in series of home garage made engine swaps, so certain imperfection is on purpose, but it is quite unfinished state, still I like it better than vanilla Bolide.

Controller and keyboard users beware, this probably is not going to work with anything else than FFB wheel and only for experienced / somewhat skilled drivers, even with racing slicks it is quite beast:

I have actually no idea about top speed, it tends to heat up so that after 340kph it gets engine damage, but it might go 360-380kph with better cooling, there just is not many places to go so fast that thing overheats as braking takes so long time that it usually cools down.

Known issues:
    -Only torque curve and sounds, inertia etc. has been adjusted, engine weight needs adjusting as well as many other parameters.
    -No graphics, models etc.
    -Idle loops badly, blame Automation
    -Suspension tuning is mostly vanilla BeamNG, so kinda would like to improve that, but not sure if I have time for that.
    -Overheating is bit much to my liking even idea is home garage made engine slap

Credits:
    440cid for a tutorial of how to get two sound sources working.
    Automation for the engine sound

Reading about engine which I did base this on:
    https://auto.ferrari.com/en_US/news...e-and-best-engine-above-4-litres-of-the-year/

Attached Files:

#1 fufsgfen, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice