Released Bird Rock Quarry 1.0

A small detailed rock quarry

1. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Yes!!:D A very good vision of realistic details!;) I love this kind of work... And beautiful render on swamp however with little varied vegetation :rolleyes:

Maybe the beams textures for banks and cliffs are a little pasty... (and the first layer of clouds )

I did not know that you could do a winding dust??.. How do that? (maybe particules emitter?)

Yet I have a probleme of FPS with your map, have you a good configuration?

2. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Looks very impressive. I'm loving the feel of the high res textures. Downloading now :cool:

3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering about the wind/dust effect too...it's really cool. I also really like the quarry slab textures and the well blended dirt/rock/grass textures.
    This map reminds me a bit of Red Faction Guerilla's dusty post apocalyptic feel. Again, nice work!

4. dpitkin

dpitkin
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about the freezing issues, my guess is too low computer specs, the map was made on a good computer.

The dust was made using a custom texture and the rain entity, I set the particles to have very little mass and a strong wind

5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I forgot to mention like Doullpepper I too have noticed quite the framerate hit on the map. Render distances?

6. dpitkin

dpitkin
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, i tried to keep draw calls down the best i could, but because of the circular design you end up seeing the whole map almost always. i actually lowered the LOD change distance for the rocks which helped a lot, but they seem to randomly reset so i don't know if they saved with the map. Also reflections take a lot, I actually used to have all the big ponds with reflections on, but turned those off, except for the center one. The new dynamic vehicle reflections probably are causing a big drop because i assume they redraw the scene. Also the dust can cause lag too, Since the rain entity doesn't work with the attach to camera setting, I actually have to apply the dust to all the areas at once. And finally the map is a 4k height map size at .2 pixels per meter, which makes for a very high poly scene because of the condensed size. but i think it's worth it for detailed terrain

7. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Wow, so a 4k heightmap with tons of detail in there. Is the basetex 4K too? I'd imagine the three things you mentioned, (heightmap, rain entity and dynamic reflections),
    are probably the culprit. The dust feature is really awesome and atmospheric but maybe a bit too much for lower powered machines?

8. dpitkin

dpitkin
    Expand Collapse

Yeah base texture is 4k as well! i built the map to look good on my machine, so the dust is a bit overkill i would say.

9. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

It's very nice work and inspirational. It runs at about 25-30FPS on my specs so I'm okay with it. I played around with some heavy 4K stuff (still learning),
    and never really had issues at all with framerates.

10. dpitkin

dpitkin
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it ran very good at the beginning, but all the detailed started to add up over time!

11. Tibi Seres

Tibi Seres
    Expand Collapse

This map very nice very very nice. The road with water is very nice idea.VERY NICE MAP!

12. The Dwarf Hamste

The Dwarf Hamste
    Expand Collapse

Guys buy Dells cause they last long my PC is from 2008 and its running like its brand new and my gpu is old but it runs so good that i dont need a new one (yet but my pc is kinda buggy at times):) But anyway this map looks gorgeous and i like quarry's like this So good job :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. K3NnY_G

K3NnY_G
    Expand Collapse

Map starts up fine, installed normal. However when I start it, the game loads, drops the D15; but there's no UI, no vehicle/parts selector, and the escape key doesn't respond. Pause and camera functions work but I've no clue how I could remedy this. Any ideas? It looks beautiful and I cant wait to check it out!

14. The Dwarf Hamste

The Dwarf Hamste
    Expand Collapse

I cant play it... I cant open up anything no apps are there just a truck and the map .... I cant even open up the menu to goto a new map. Please help!!!!!

15. dpitkin

dpitkin
    Expand Collapse

OK ,well that was weird, i was getting the same problem, there was a problem locating the precipitation object that i use for dust. for some reason that was causing the gui not to load, sadly the only way to fix it was to remove the dust.
    here is a new .mis file to replace the old. simply extract the zip and replace old quarry.mis with this let me know if it works View attachment quarry.zip

16. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

I have the old version of this map and it works perfect.

Attached Files:

• 2015-05-17_00003.jpg
    • 2015-05-17_00002.jpg
  17. The Dwarf Hamste

The Dwarf Hamste
    Expand Collapse

Worked thank you!!!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way what dust is it cause the dust coming from the trucks still there

18. dpitkin

dpitkin
    Expand Collapse

The dust was particles that were blown in the wind across the bottom of the map. It was just a cool effect, it wasn't that noticeable unless you weren't moving.

19. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

New .mis patch works fine. Bizarre bug indeed. I can't even begin to speculate what it may be.

20. Exchy

Exchy
    Expand Collapse

Fps drops very significant if watching toward the center of the map, what do you have there? I couldn't get there with my 10 fps

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice