Better Petal simulation for driving wheels.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by derpfleet55, Apr 15, 2016.

1. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

As a prerequisite, I currently am using a Logitech G27.
    Currently as far as I can tell the clutch is linear in Beamng, which real clutches are not. Furthermore brakes feel a little too touchy and ready to lock (sometimes a centimeter of brake petal is enough to lock the wheels on some cars) and even the gas feels a little too switch like. I understand you can mess around with linearity however the petals still end up like switches, especially so for the clutch and brake. Only as an example one game that does petals well is Assetto Corsa, everything feels more or less proper; The clutch feels as it should, as do the brakes and gas petal which really does help to enhance the experience of the game for those with wheels. I will not compare the physics in Assetto Corsa to beam but the driver feel in Assetto Corsa in terms of petals, does feel more authentic. As for AC's ffb it would be nice to have a "mode" that assists you in road feel through the force feedback comparably to Assetto Corsa in Beamng (even if it is unrealistic to have what feels like a manual steering rack in every car as Assetto Corsa does.).

Conclusion: Currently petals, especially the clutch feel too similar to a switch, even after attempting to set linearity settings.

If this question has already been asked, sorry. I used the search bar to search for any similar types of questions but found none. Feel free to remove this post if it is redundant.

EDIT: I cannot spell, and...
    At least I am living up to my forum name, of all the damn words I searched to see if there was a similar post "clutch" was not one of them.

Feel free to remove this post devs, as not to be redundant.

#1 derpfleet55, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

I completely agree. Although we are talking about this

and not this :p

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice