BeamNG's Folding@Home Lounge. Team #224614

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Bubbleawsome, May 3, 2013.

1. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I'm back up and running :)
    Got *most* of my army working, including my Lenovo, Compaq, and main rig. That's 10 threads and 3 gpus of folding! I also signed up for a passcode, so I'm racking up points. Too bad my room is now an average of 3 degrees higher, damn small room and heat hungry PC :/ That's what I get for cheaping out on the cooling, stock CPU cooler, cheap MSI gpu cooler, and 2 stock case fans.
    In the end, it's all worth it :D
    Update 20/4/16:
    Updated the slots tab to make it use all 4 of my CPU threads, instead of just 1. CPU work should complete much faster now :)
    Update 23/4/17:
    Man, this computer is so much faster. My old one took a week to get 50,000 points, this one can do it in 12 hours. From 37 to 20 place in 2 days! 200,000 points :)
    Update 23/4/17:
    Hold up, they have an Android app? 2 more devices are folding, but @Bubbleawsome, is there a way I can join the Android app to the BeamNG team or my account?

#2161 BombBoy4, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  2. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Wow man you put out over 400k points yesterday! It looks like it's working great for you, but something you might want to try is leaving one core free to coordinate the GPU slot. Back in like 2013 when I was still folding with the CPU leaving a core open would up your GPU points by more than the CPU lost. Not sure that is true anymore though.

And WOW guys! We broke 700,000 points yesterday. That's insane!

Oh and it looks like yesterday or the day before I overtook @SeaDooSnipe. Come back man we miss you lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

We broke 100m points last week! Great job guys!

4. Hemi

Hemi
    Expand Collapse

Was talking to Seadoo and he won't do any folding probably this summer due to heat lol. I should be good in that regard I have half decent window A/C for the summer. Have a new job full-time so my computer will be idle a lot of the time, started up F@H again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I saw you bring in some numbers yesterday! Good to have you back!

6. Hemi

Hemi
    Expand Collapse

Been quite flaky lately I know, everytime I say I am coming back I leave again haha. Hoping atleast to have one system going at all times whether I need my main or not. Regardless see how it goes. Anybody else thinking of coming back?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I'm gone most of this weekend so this might actually be the first weekend I don't drop points.

8. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Aw man guys, yesterday we made 998,723 points. That's so close to 1,000,000 that I'm speechless. It used to be that 1m points a week was a fairly high goal so to see a 1m day now is awesome!!

Also huge congrats to @Hemi, you broke 8 million points man!

9. Hemi

Hemi
    Expand Collapse

My goal is hopefully by summertime to surpass you and seadoo so you better watch out lol. I also tweaked the clocks on my GPUs a bit let's see if we can crack a million this time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Hey @Bubbleawsome I have a problem. Sometimes, my you won't fold, I have to manually start it. I have no clue why this is..

11. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean by manually starting it?

12. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Going into the advanced options, right clicking it, and pressing fold. I have it set to fold on idle, if that matters. It worked before I updated my drivers, so it's probably that.

13. Hemi

Hemi
    Expand Collapse

I for one have always found 'fold on idle' to be buggy as there is generally a process that spikes usage just enough to stop it from starting. Bump it to the next notch for activity and see how that goes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I've never been able to get fold on idle to work quite right either. :(

15. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

We did it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hemi

Hemi
    Expand Collapse

Just about to retake 3rd place too! I see we are coming up fast to Harvard's folding team when you look on extremeoverclocking's site. If we could get Jon back we could haul some real ass tho.

17. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

I shall join the fray. I'll be rebuilding the Miracle Machine for F@H, with Linux Mint and have my GTX 650 in it. I might even upgrade the CPU to one of the Core2 Duo's I have laying around. I'll even put it on Magni for another boost.

18. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

If heat wasnt a problem for me, i could help. But i dont have a way to run machines without super heating my house. I used to fold though. Had at least 3? computers at once.

19. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

I'd be happy to contribute to this, however all of my powerful computers use a ton of power and/or are noisy while operating. I do have two Raspberry Pi's though, a 512MB Model B and a 1GB Model 2. Is there a way I can get these to run it? From the admittedly little research I've done, Folding@Home won't work on ARM. If I could get it to work on these two "machines" obviously I won't be punching out much at all in terms of points, but I may as well use them for something instead of collecting dust.

20. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Nope. They really aren't powerful enough for folding. I'll be keeping my machines running when I'm asleep or just not around, maybe you can do the same.

#2180 Funky7Monkey, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice