BeamNG online multiplayer may soon be possible! !

Discussion in 'Beam-Monsters' started by gameboy3800, Oct 11, 2019.

1. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

steam is getting an update that will have a feature called 'steam remote play together'. pretty much local multiplayer games will be able to be played with other friends online. you essentially stream your screen to them. they stream their inputs to you and they control the other player.

basically, beamng multiseat but with no limits. the host of the game handles all the processing and stuff. the other person playing with you doesnt even need to own the game. the only limit is internet bandwidth.

the only problem with beam is that its multiplayer is not split screen. you can only view one controlled car at a time unless you use a zoomed out/external cam. so for like super big race tracks, it may not work so well. but small monster truck arenas to medium sized stadiums should work just fine with a high enough external cam.

its unclear how other players would be able to change vehicles, or if they'd completely depend on the host to do it for them. nontheless, this is a fantastic step in the right direction to do some LIVE community events! not just for me, but for everyone!

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

You could solve the camera issue by using freecam and doing a top-down camera

3. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Interesting work around and should be possible. Nice find

4. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

That is very interesting gameboy, thanks for the share! I'll take anything we can get at this point to be honest. I miss comps and fun runs of the ol sim monster days and with the mod we have here on beam it would be so sick to do events etc with you all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice