1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

BeamNG on Steam

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Binkey, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

After BeamNG (or the actual game) is released, will you advertise it on steam or will you keep it for yourself?

2. AwesomeSauce

AwesomeSauce
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

We can put the game on greenlight. With enough supporters it will get greenlit :D

3. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

I've heard Steam eats a great chunk of the profits if you put your game there for cash.
    I honestly have no idea what Greenlight is about, although I heard it a couple of times now (damn, I'm getting too lazy :p )

4. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Quite honestly for an independent company such as BeamNG it is highly advisable not to go through Steam. They can independently release it or go through other less commercialized venues. It sounds good to go to a commercialized product such as Steam, but with anything there are repercussions to it. Especially since this kind of genre of game is such a tight group. They'd be better off to market this BeamNG game as a demo for their physics system.

5. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

if its anything like what happened with Euro-truck Simulator 2, (or some form of trucking game) they went through green-light and went from not having much of a budget to being able to license vehicles and afford DirectX. Its not always a bad gamble.

6. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

It would be pretty cool to have it implemented onto steam but i don't see it as a necessity. Either way I will have it added as a non steam game or something. About the economic/money making side of it it would definitely spread the word to the steam community!

7. Harnessedhorse

Harnessedhorse
    Expand Collapse

if they did add it to steam they should give the people who bought it a way to add to steam like an activation code.

8. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

That wont be a problem as Steam will use the same keys, we got in our email.
    and if you didnt shared the key, all is simple and fine.

9. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

actually, i think what he meant was people who bought the game getting a steam key to get the steam version of the game without having to buy it again, and serial keys dont count at steam game keys

10. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

If it did come out on Steam, I wouldn't rebuy it or use a code. I am fine with it off Steam.

11. Candlekeeper

Candlekeeper
    Expand Collapse

Steam Workshop would make mods much more accessible.

12. Deinol

Deinol
    Expand Collapse

I would love to have it on Steam. Workshop can make mods more accesible I think. :D

13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

the problem is, is that diffrent mods have to go in diffrent places, and some mods replace other files, such as engine pack mods, and steam workshop just puts all the files in one folder

14. Snakeassassin563

Snakeassassin563
    Expand Collapse

If you already have the game, you can just go to your library and add Beamng as a steam game

15. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

BUMP!!! I DON'T EVEN...

16. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

yelling at someone else, ey? you are really good at ruling these threads like a dictator, bud. good thing, or else this forum would be such a terrible place without you yelling and saying nasty things to people. awesome work!!

17. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

I didn't say anything harsh or rude. I simply just hate it when people don't follow or pay attention to the rules...

And if I've hurt anyone's feelings, I apologize. :)

18. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Wonder where they were buying something that's free

19. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i believe they were talking about licensing, so as to be aloud to use it in the game (as ets2 is a paid game)

20. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

DirectX is one of the main renderers in most games and is availible to redistribute for free.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice