WIP Beta released Beam Legal Racing - SLRR Inspired Hardcore Career Mod

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by r3eckon, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Ac1Frikkie

Ac1Frikkie
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I am unable to set my name or use the top GUI.

I cleared my User data folder and reinstalled plugin but im getting the same error.

I am also unable to "Reset" my account. I love your plugin, hope you can assist!

2. r3eckon

r3eckon
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like incorrect install given the amount of broken features. Clear your userfolder again and carefully follow the install instructions. The zip file has to be extracted in the userfolder.

3. shadow101

shadow101
    Expand Collapse

I have a question about oil usage on high milage cars does it drop after engine swap or changing internals

4. Frank Dole

Frank Dole
    Expand Collapse

I just found this today and managed to get it working on single player. This is insanely amazing. Any possibility of this working on a private server? That would be the dream.(And the dream got broken, just found the msg above about how it's not possible) Sadge life

#944 Frank Dole, May 10, 2024
    Last edited: May 10, 2024
  5. Ac1Frikkie

Ac1Frikkie
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I managed seems like i did the install incorrectly. But now when i go past a cop it shows .lua failed and cancel my mission. will get screenshot aswell

6. r3eckon

r3eckon
    Expand Collapse

Oil leak isn't affected by a new engine, I have to implement a part inventory system that takes into account the mileage of specific parts to be able to make it so changing the engine stops oil leaks.

Send a screenshot of the console if you get it to happen again or better yet zip the log files from the userfolder and attach them to a post.

7. Ac1Frikkie

Ac1Frikkie
    Expand Collapse

Im not sure where to get the log files. I was busy with a trailer mission, span out infront of cop. might be because i was in wrong lane? not sure but the mission got canceled and all gui disapeared.

Attached Files:

• 123.png
  8. vladiss1648

vladiss1648
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem and it becomes unplayable

9. Ac1Frikkie

Ac1Frikkie
    Expand Collapse

Here is screenshot of popup

Attached Files:

• 1234.png
  10. r3eckon

r3eckon
    Expand Collapse

This is the same issue with a vanilla AI traffic script explained in this post, try the suggested fix and let me know if it helps.

11. thisvelologist

thisvelologist
    Expand Collapse

Just noticed an odd but harmless bug. After sleeping for the first time in a session the exhaust noise of a car (and maybe more sounds) gets noticeably quieter. Try it with a vehicle with a loud exhaust.

12. shadow101

shadow101
    Expand Collapse

Use pause and it fixes itself

13. r3eckon

r3eckon
    Expand Collapse

For some reason it doesn't happen on my end. Might be with a specific car or exhaust, I tested with the legran with sport muffler then also removed the exhaust entirely. If this lua command fixes the issue it's because of a vanilla bug, I reported it in the 0.32 thread but got no response.
    Code:
    core_sounds.setAudioBlur(0)
    If it doesn't help let me know what specific car this happens with so I can take a look.

• Like Like x 1
  14. thisvelologist

thisvelologist
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I'll see if that solves it.

15. Lentomakkara

Lentomakkara
    Expand Collapse

Thanks again for the mod.

Sometimes cars are sold with a roll cage and a cargo box in the back seat. They interfere with each other and cause damage.

16. r3eckon

r3eckon
    Expand Collapse

I think I should be able to force the random part selection to avoid these cargo boxes which would be the simplest way to fix this. As a temporary fix your best bet is manually editing the config file to remove the cargo box so you can spawn the car without damage. Thanks for letting me know about this issue!

17. Ac1Frikkie

Ac1Frikkie
    Expand Collapse

Thank you this worked well.
    i used the second option tho

18. Cupic

Cupic
    Expand Collapse

Hey there! Loving the mod, just one problem. Anytime I do a delivery with one of the blue trailers, it breaks the whole mod and I have to restart. Both the menu player garage and player stats menu disappear. The drop zone also doesn’t register me being in it or the trailer. None of the corners light up with proximity. Just wondering if there’s something I can do to fix this as I really enjoy the mod. Thanks!

edit: also, is it possible to add modded vehicles to the shop like in career mode? Is there a folder I need to drop them into?

#958 Cupic, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Ac1Frikkie

Ac1Frikkie
    Expand Collapse

I have a suggestion, Can you add arrows on the offroad races as well?
    its hard to see which road to take when you play first person.
    Ps love the mod

• Like Like x 1
  20. r3eckon

r3eckon
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! About your issue, I'm not sure what you mean by the blue trailer, is it a specific trailer that breaks things or a type of trailer (like gooseneck vs regular tow hitch). First thing to check is your install, back up your userfolder, delete it, start the game to create a fresh userfolder and then carefully follow the install instructions. If you had mods installed it's possible one of them was conflicting with this one so a clean userfolder will make sure any issues you experience are with this mod and not caused by another mod.

After testing in a clean userfolder with a correct install, if the issues still happens and you know of a way to recreate it reliably clear the lua console just before it happens then send a screenshot of whatever it shows immediately after the issue.

As for adding modded vehicles to shop (as well as custom configs) there is a process to follow explained here as the mod relies on extra files to define things that aren't in regular jbeam like price range, odometer range and randomized part slots.

It should definitely be possible, I'll add this to the list!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice