1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BANANA Benchmark Results Comparison

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by garyjpaterson, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Radcargo44

Radcargo44
    Expand Collapse

i7 870 @ 3.85 GHz, not that bad for a 10 years old CPU

Attached Files:

• Annotation2019-07-28010039.png
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Ryzen 3700X Stock, RAM = 3000mhz CL15 32GB (16GB x 2). IF frequency is whatever stock brings it to (1500mhz, IIRC).
    Stock cooler used (heck this case doesn't even have a window - because QUIET IT'S NEXT TO MY HEAD).
    The new computer is great. Cheapest X570 board I could buy - Asrock Phantom Gaming 4 - and I'm thrilled. Great board (no disco-tech needs apply here). I'm almost 40, so my PC needn't look like "an alternative night-club / bar" (sans the prerequsite blaring techno music, anyways). Although, I might wire up a light to pop on when I open the door (only), like the fridge or microwave, so I can SEE what I'm doing in there.
    Windows 10 on the other hand, royally SUCKS & I hate it with passion. I will never love this OS. I just hate absolutely everything about it. Just using it is making my blood-pressure meds feel inadequate.
    Using Windows 10 while trying to get anything done, is a feeling I can only liken to: DROWNING WITHOUT ARMS OR LEGS TO SWIM. Thank goodness license keys are only THREE to SIX dollars (retail ones, at that!).
    *No offense is meant by the above statement(s). No, seriously, filling a computer full of blinking, flashing lights, when it's in your field of view right next to the monitor, is maddening. How do you guys stand that? When you need them the most - when you work on it - they all shut off! Who thought that one up / What gives?
    Great cheap boards for Ryzen PC's (don't waste money on snazzy-fancy OC boards when it does you little to no good to OC the auto-OC'ing chip anyway) in order from least to more expensive:
    Asrock Phantom Gaming 4 X570
    MSI MPG X570
    Asus TUF X570
    Gigabyte AORUS Gaming (the cheap one)
    Microcenter has a deal where if you buy a Ryzen processor (3xxx series), they give you 50$ off the motherboard. Asrock ATX-form-factor board I mentioned cost 154.99 down to 104.99 for an X570 board. If it wasn't for that, and my old one going out slowly but surely, I would NOT have bothered with an entirely new machine. You can get 50$ additional off a Radeon 5700 / 5700XT, too, if you buy one also at the same time, however, I'd wait for the non-blower fan models (custom ones) to come out starting mid-month. There's saving on certain power supplies, and RAM, too, when all bought together. It's entirely worth looking up if you live close to one (or are willing to drive FOUR HOURS one way) or are up for a drive.
    Don't forget to actually try out the stock cooler. It's huge and it's actually able to cool the processor WELL at that. You get the good one on the 3700X and above models. Don't water-cool, you're wasting money there that could have been spent on a better processor, better video card, or more RAM. It's not like INTEL where you *HAVE* to spend 50~100$ on a cooler to run at stock speeds without *FIRE*.

Attached Files:

• Banana_Capture.png
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Overclocking a Ryzen processor is not necessary, and can often times reduce overall performance in most cases. While there may be a few outliers, the chips were made to have the best performance, right out of the box, no adjustments (aside of reading an XMP memory speed profile in BIOS) needed.
    If you're running on 4.2ghz, all cores speed, for an overclock: you would be better served with the 4.25ghz speed the chip (should) turbo to with all-core boost by default. The chip will boost when and where necessary, depending how many cores are saturated and how consistently they're saturated with processes. You are better off tweaking RAM timing, IF (Infinity Fabric) timing, etc. Get your IF up to speed (1800~1900mhz is max for most chips), and then grab the 'Ryzen DRAM Calculator' app to see what timings should be to get your RAM to run double the speed of the IF (even if it's certified/rated/sold for less speed). Increase RAM latency can often be made up for with sheer MHZ speed in most (but not all) cases. Leave the CPU clock to it's own for now, though.
    Keep in mind, that while the 3700x is bested by the 3800x (which is in-turn a slightly better yield/quality of silicon), not all processors with the same name are created 100% equal. Some chips may only hit 4.2ghz regularly, while others might hit on or about 4.3ghz. This can also be motherboard BIOS dependent, and have some consistency with your current cooling setup (though mine is the stock air cooler, which is both 'good enough' AND still 'quiet enough').
    Overclocking the chip, however, will help heat the house up in winter-time though, just not necessarily as good as an intel CPU would. It can still keep your lunch warm, though.
    Windows 10 has two power plans for desktop computers. Ryzen 'Balanced' and also a Ryzen 'high performance' plan. Make sure to test both, as it controls how quickly the CPU will kick up and down in speed. Balanced will keep short quick bursts of once-and-done processes (including CPU-Z, HWINFO, Core-Temp program polling) from boosting the CPU speed as often or as fast, though it's not something you'd really ever notice unless you were told about it.
    Thanks for folks sending in their Ryzen processor benchmarks, new and old, it helped me make the right choice in building a Ryzen 3700x machine. Now if only the current OS had some other good options (besides Linux). Driving in heavy traffic on the highways in my maps makes for quite an enjoyable experience, if not only for the tow-truck drivers (and junkyards) in the area.

For folks on the fence, the 3xxx Ryzen serious has phenomenal performance increases for BeamNG physics over the last generation chips. You will however still be limited by 'Draw Calls' (surface rendering calls given by the CPU to the GPU, many tens of thousands of times a second) even if your CPU has more room for physics. This is due to the amount of vehicles rendering on-screen and the amount of different surfaces they have, even at moderate distances from the player / camera / view port. A whole scene without a vehicle, in the middle of anywhere or even a big city, can be easily 2500~3500 draw calls. A vehicle in and of itself can add hundreds of draw calls by itself. If you go up towards (or over) 4500~5500 draw calls, most machines will fail to display 60fps except in the best of circumstances / hardware configurations. Yes, even a i9 7980XE will slow down, hobbled by DirectX 11's single-threaded nature of draw calls. Fill that draw call core up, and it doesn't matter how good your cpu is, or how many cores it is. In the future, if the developers make LOD's for vehicles, this will greatly assist the situation (they will need to eventually) by lowering draw calls down, allowing the rest of the game to not have to wait so long for the draw calls to finish in that frame, and thus allowing the gpu to send the completely rendered frame to the frame-buffer (and then to the screen / your eyeballs at next vsync). Draw calls are enemy #1 in 3d worlds today in DX11 or older games. DX12 and Vulkan both fix this, by allowing multi-threaded draw calls for developers. Maybe one day we'll have this nicked.

#1023 bob.blunderton, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Haven't updated my PC a single bit since I first build it in 2013...

i5 2500K @ 3.30Ghz, no overclocking at all.
    GTX 660
    16 Gb RAM

Quite average by today's standards, but still quite decent I guess

banana.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

I7 4790K 4.4Ghz on 0.17 I've got quite good results

6. RareAMV

RareAMV
    Expand Collapse

Got myself a 3600 to upgrade from the 1600 :D, so I went ahead and started to play a little with it (using the wraith spire from the 1600 as cooler, but swapped the fan with the newer one ;) ).

It got a little scary voltage wise tho, and I am certain that it won't hold up in cinebench (the highest i got stable with 1.325v was 4150 (CCX 0)/4125 (CCX 1). Though by sheer bravery (replace w/ stupidity possibly) I went ahead and tried bananabench... I really wanted to reach that 4.3 Ghz xD. So this is the result that I got:

(Record score, only AMD drivers and AMD Ryzen Master running in the background)
    4300ALLCORE.png

(CPU-Z during a later run (w/ chrome and few other stuff open)):
    4300wCPUZ.png

IT WORKED :D. Though the gains are small and the voltages are high... I got it to run at 4.3 GHZ ;D. Temps didnt hit home that hard during the test... and I did see something that might lead it to not actually hit 4.3 ghz (the frequencies when being watched from the HOME page in Ryzen Master never stayed up to the 4.3 GHZ and neither did the CPU got hot (around 70-80 degrees)... where with Cinebench on 4.15 it would easily run into the high 80's, but it could also be just the workload isnt as intensive as with cinebench. I did see (little) improvements in MBeams/s when increasing the clocks per CCX with 25 Mhz. So something atleast did something ;).

My old 1600 which i didn't get past 3.9 Ghz scored around 207 MBeams/s.

Other hardware:
    MB: Asrock B350M Pro4
    RAM: 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (@3200Mhz) with 16-18-18-36-58 timing (using the timing calculator)
    GPU: My good 'ol Sapphire R9 390 8GB

This was fun, might get a better cooler and try this OC with cinebench, but I am a bit to scared to do that now.

I might tinker with the memory timings and infinity fabric tomorrow or so :) but I think its at its max right now. My mobo only let my memory run at the current speed in very specific memory slots so the Mobo might be at its demise as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

Added the entries. As always the updated spreadsheet is available on page 50 :)

8. DapperDan

DapperDan
    Expand Collapse

BANANA
    Screenshot63.png
    spec in signiture
    general notes:
    beamng and steam libary is on different drive from main harddrive, this is to save space on c:/ drive and utalize that just for college work, among other things

#1028 DapperDan, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Buildzoid** on youtube (actually hardcore overclocking is the channel name IIRC) did a big write-up on IF (Fclk) vs Uclk settings. Mess with those to find your best memory benchmarks / cpu benchmarks. BeamNG is a great test of it, Banana bench will easily tell you what's best. You might be able to wring another 4~10% out of that upgrade. Keep in mind if you have CAS-15 or CAS-13 (or CAS-17) memory, it will revert to the nearest even number above that. So maybe slightly less Mhz and 1 unit tighter CAS timings could improve things.
    **I could only watch so much of Buildzoid. Smart guy, but says 'LIKE' in every sentence. Started sounding like a B-rate 80's movie about valley girls and I had to shut it off... Someone buy him a Public Speaking hand-book?

My board threw 1.4~1.45V* (!!!) through the chip automatically (shouldn't go over 1.4v for the longitivity of it), and the 3700x sat happily at 4250 mhz at all cores all day long provided there was load. So always check what your BIOS is setting the core volts to. I just have the cheapest x570 I could find (104.99$ USD after 50$ discount for buying at Microcenter with the CPU, was 154.99$ before discount). AsRock Phantom Gaming 4. It's a great board but about the CPU VRM's they said 'oh but don't overclock a 3900x or a 3950x but they're okay at stock' and I was thinking 'I bought this so I didn't have to overclock, or mess with it'. At 154.99$ for a motherboard with an intel NiC and 8 sata ports, 2x m.2 pci-e x4 ports, I can't complain and hence not too worried if it explodes.
    BIG improvements going from a 1xxx to a 3xxx series especially on the FPU. If you get good ram speed with low latency between 3200~3600mhz it makes for a great system. These Ryzen chips really blew my 4790k out of the water, not so much with single-core speed, but with just general smoothness of everything. No more lag, no more skipping/hitching, and even Rimworld went from 'slow walking' was max speed to 'running around like they're all on fire' speed. I was whole-heartedly floored / really amazed by it. Had I known, I would have gone out weeks sooner and done it at launch.
    Now just to scrape money together for a 5700 / 5700xt...

*As per AMD, the max continuous voltage you should put through a Ryzen-series processor is not to exceed 1.4v ~ 1.45v, otherwise, damage due to electro-migration will happen inevitably. The hotter the chip gets, the faster it happens (with any CPU really). Hence why liquid coolers or liquid nitrogen are used, although I'm on the stock Wraith Spire cooler here (whatever comes with the 3700x), and even with the BIOS slamming 1.4x V through the chip it wouldn't go over mid-70's C temps.
    Just sharing what I know here - but please DO correct if any of this is contestable to you.
    Keep posting the Ryzen numbers, guys!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chat's7

Chat's7
    Expand Collapse

0.17 Update, 4790K @4.7Ghz 16go RAM : 202Mbeam :)

Attached Files:

• Banana.png
  11. zarak82

zarak82
    Expand Collapse

My Bananabench result is actually slightly worse than it was before 0.17.

12. Chat's7

Chat's7
    Expand Collapse

You run it from the game or by launching it through the game files ? Because since the game I have about 5-10% less, maybe that's it ?

13. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

I've done a run again in 0.17 and I've got a slightly better score (from 15 to 16 cars over 100% realtime).
    banana.png
    i5-7600K running at 4,0Ghz during the test.

14. zarak82

zarak82
    Expand Collapse

Deleted!

15. TheRobster5555

TheRobster5555
    Expand Collapse

New physics engine optimization, thought I'd update my score, guess the new optimization didn't really do much for my aging 3930k... (1st image 0.17 2nd image 0.16)

Attached Files:

• banana17.png
    • 3930k43banana.png
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

Eat the elekrosmok of my AMD fx4300..............................................................................................................................

It got Bulldozert ...-_-

I hope the September comes fast so i can finaly Ryzen :p

(it would be quiet nice if somebody got tat reverence : P )

Attached Files:

• Banana-bench_2019-8-20_2-37-14.png
    #1036 tobias95ng, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

I just put together, a 3600 ryzen based system for a cousin.. Wasn't able to log down the exact numbers.

But I was impressed for a $200 USD 65 watt chip at stock speed, that thing flies.

It blows my W3690 unlocked Xeon 6 core/12 thread @ 4.1 GHz outta the water.

• Like Like x 1
  18. danielr

danielr
    Expand Collapse

3900X, best result on the new system. This run was with the old bios, now it's more around 350 mbeams/s.
    Capture.png

• Like Like x 1
  19. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

Finally, a CPU worthy of posting these results here :D
    upload_2019-8-31_4-16-18.png

• Like Like x 1
  20. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

9900kf, HT off, 4.8ghz all core boost (modified the script so it would go far enough to actually dip below realtime, now if only you could actually play the game with this many) / 3600mhz cl18 RAM

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice