1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BANANA Benchmark Results Comparison

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by garyjpaterson, Jun 23, 2014.

1. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

I find it interesting how the hyper-threading doesn't seem to make much of a difference with #cars/physical core.

2. Broccoli

Broccoli
    Expand Collapse

From my experience anything that taxes a cpu hard doesn't really benefit from hyper threading. Its more being able to be many light tasks at once better. I multi task like crazy so I opted to go for an I7.

3. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

I take it this has been overclocked? Compared to Brocolli's one, yours has a much higher result.

4. Broccoli

Broccoli
    Expand Collapse

I would also like to know. Although interestingly enough we both fall below 100% at 8 vehicles.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Hyperthreading works great on low priority tasks giving as much as a 70% performance boost over a non hyperthreaded system. However on high usage tasks it has been known to do the complete opposite and instead of boosting performance it adds extra race conditions and has been known to cause entire thread stalls hence reducing performance over a non hyperthreaded counterpart chip.

The negatives are exacerbated on single core chips, I had a laptop which was single core with hyperthreading and found that with windows vista installed (which handled hyperthreading poorly too, windows 7 & 8 are both HT aware and will try to avoid the conditions which can cause thread stall - likely happening here actually) I had poorer performance in all of my games with HT on, general web browsing was fine. Windows 7 fared slightly better than vista, but still I found hyperthreading was causing the system to heat up quicker and draining battery, not sure why exactly and at the time wasnt savvy enough to look into it but I still opted to turn it off.
    On my dual core i3 laptop I have now, hyperthreading has proved its worth a little more and remains on.

6. Speicherplatz

Speicherplatz
    Expand Collapse

funny i just saw that and your post on this side and i still can not imagine why that is. i built that pc yesterday, just changed the mobo, ram, cpu and HDD to:

Mobo: ASUS Maximus Hero VII
    CPU: 4790k Boxed
    RAM: G.Skill TridentX - F3-2400C10D-16GTX
    HDD: 2 TB Seagate Hybrid Drive (SSHD: a normal HDD with and additional 8GB SSD drive that works as a kind of buffer or cache. much much faster booting (win7pro in way under a minute) and app starting and stuff.)

maybe it is the combination of hardware? the chipset on the mobo?

7. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Well, I got the motherboard. Now I just need $90 so that I can have eight cores of unlocked awesome. I have my old netbook listed on eBay and I'm thinking of selling my Nexus 7 since I don't use it anymore.

8. mdusiek

mdusiek
    Expand Collapse

i5 4670k, @3.4GHz

Attached Files:

• 4670k.png
  9. Broccoli

Broccoli
    Expand Collapse

Mine is a brand new asrock z97 extreme 4 with the 4790k. So I'm not sure what is causing the difference, especially since we are both not over clocked. What do you score in cinebench?

10. Speicherplatz

Speicherplatz
    Expand Collapse

870 ...

- - - Updated - - -

wait! cpu-z tells me that i was wrong. i don't know why but the cpu runs with 4400MHz. how can i not do this? o_O does this affect the cpu's lifetime? (because of course i likey muchey :D :D :D )

11. Broccoli

Broccoli
    Expand Collapse

The 4790k turbos to 4.4ghz. So your fine, it's designed to do that. Ill run Cinebench later and let you know. I just wanna run another benching program to see if it's just beam ng where your faster.

12. spavatch

spavatch
    Expand Collapse

You sure bout that? The way I see it it's either FX 9590 set to permanent 5 GHz (if your watercooling setup is at least decent it should be possible) or it isn't any better than a 4 GHz four year old X6 Thuban for half the price.

13. bowserchomp

bowserchomp
    Expand Collapse

I've finally got my hands on some quad core power now! It may not be a 4790K, but so what? It's still a Core i5, an open-box $140 Core i5 3350P from fleabay, that is.

Attached Files:

• banana-i5.png
  14. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

Just to let you know that i5 is actually getting about 10% less Mbeams/s/core/ghz than your previous Pentium. Still much better overall performance though.

15. Rwarcards762

Rwarcards762
    Expand Collapse

I run an Intel Core i7 3770S. Good processor. I've got HD 4000 as my main graphics which sucks though.

I think it's decent. Planning on building a computer of my own next (my current one is stock).

EDIT: I added a non-idling CPU-Z. This is what it did when I ran BananaBench.

Attached Files:

• banana1.png
    • banana2.png
    • intelbanana.png
    #395 Rwarcards762, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  16. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

What was it boosting to? Look at CPU-Z whilst the bench is running, that'll tell you. Showing it idling at 1600MHz is no use to anyone :p

17. Rwarcards762

Rwarcards762
    Expand Collapse

I realised that after I posted it. I'll get a running one when I get back to my CPU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. CProRacing

CProRacing
    Expand Collapse

Just stock. Not sure if good or bad. Need to look at some others.

bananaa.jpg

19. Rwarcards762

Rwarcards762
    Expand Collapse

If you are wondering, I put a CPU-Z pic in my post that showed it boosting to 3.4GHz or so. Could still go higher though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I have an AMD A6-3420M CPU with Radeon HD graphics, stock is 1.50 Ghz, I clocked up to 2.4 and it made a huge difference in Beamng. My question is, what kind of processor can I upgrade too?? Cant really seem to find the answer online, just a lot of negative reviews about my processor (I think its pretty decent for an entry level laptop I got for 100 bucks lol). Is it easy to swap out? Also, could I increase my ram? Supposed to be able to upgrade to 8 gigs, I use 4 gigs currently...DDR3 I believe. Im kinda newb with hardware but I would love to just give a slight bump in performance instead of dropping 1800 on this laptop I have had my eye on.

I have my eye on the AMD A10-4600M. I know its kin of old, but would this swap in easily enough? I could snag one for like 40 bucks, and I think it would be nice to OC over 3.1ghz.

#400 SHOme1289, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice