1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Audio Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Aug 9, 2017.

1. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

To improve immersion, BeamNG could add another sound emitter at exhaust. Currently sounds are only coming from the car engine.

I hope what meant by "One might be able to modify this later on to apply different kind of filters to the set of sounds" is to support multiple sound emitter as well as applying filters/equalizers/post processing effects.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

i'd like to suggest to remove the pitch shift from the wind sound. it's just totally unnatural and a gradual increase in volume with speed would sound far better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

Really stupid, and it might be a "me" issue, but I found that if the tire squeal sound is playing when you stop a replay and get back into playing, the sound won't stop until you make them squeal again. (Did anyone understand this? Horrible phrasing, I'm sorry).

4. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Noted, thanks for the reminder.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Any plans for putting more audio sliders ? Currently, I personally would want to change some of the sound levels. When having multiple AI cars running alongside you, it's impossible to hear your own engine because the other engine sounds overlap it and that makes the shifting/throttle usage a bit hard, since you need to constantly stare at the revcounter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gtoredga

gtoredga
    Expand Collapse

The thing that I don't like is when there are no doors in the car you still can hear like the car is sealed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

As already mentioned on the feedback thread, here's some audio fixes you should do:

- Currently, the engine sounds sound very muffled, they were much more clearer on the previous version update.
    - Turbo sound is definitely very loud, like ''jet engine'' loud.

Also, for later updates, you should put these addons:

- Sliders for AI-car volume and Turbo volume (or at least, if those could be edited from the configs files manually, that would be enough for me at least)
    - Noise difference regarding of the exhaust system you've having (muffled one for the full exhaust system and more distorsion/backfires when you remove the exhaust)
    - Better and more sharper intake sounds of the engines (this again would change when changing between different intake filters, etc, etc)

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

As mentioned in multiple places, that's a bug.
    We are working on a hotfix.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Yeayea, but since I had other suggestion, I wrote it over here as well. :)

10. Smthtbreak

Smthtbreak
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to just say that the new engine sounds are awesome and increase playability tenfold, and give my thanks to the devs for their efforts.

I would echo the previous comments about muffled sounds although so far I've only noticed this with the six cylinder engines. Not so bad in interior view but if I'm driving a hot Pessima in rear view I wanna hear that V6 sing :)

Thanks again for your efforts devs, and for bringing us this brilliant game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Memeware

Memeware
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes when you pause the Game you can still hear noices.

12. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Same here.

When you have a "Fatal Vehicle Error" (Car being stretched to far or something like that?) The last sound made will not stop unless you reload a new car.

13. GT3TobyRS

GT3TobyRS
    Expand Collapse

Great sounds now, 5 stars! :D
    --- Post updated ---
    I sometimes get this glitch, but it doesn't bother me

14. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

It wouldn't say it "bothers" me, its just an annoyance.

15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I can't hear any turbo, maybe only BX200 with some setup and hood camera I can hear a little, but there is no turbo sounds now at all, I did read that there was too loud turbo sounds before, maybe middle road would be nice?

When that huge truck turbo I strapped to little Sunburst spools up, there really should be a sound of jet engine.

Once there was situation that all car engines played as loud as player car even other cars were far away, that happened when adding vehicles game paused.

Then sometimes there is kind of glitch, pop, or something, it is quite loud and happens rarely, but it is like hitting with a hammer to your skull when it happens, kind of pop or poff of bugged out sound that lasts a lot less than a second.

Now little bugs aside, new sounds are really nice and bring game to whole new level :)

16. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Seems that the game also has issues with multiple different engine sounds and overall sounds on the same moment. Sometimes there can be couple crashes, multiple cars revving and tyres squealing, so those happening together sometimes cut the sound out or even cause bugs/muting the sounds.

17. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

who else experiences inconsistent reverb in tunnels? I actually have reinstalled windows recently, and I originally had no reverb about 50 feet after the initial tunnel entrance before the reinstall. Now, I do get reverb in all tunnels, but it seems to go away and come back quickly, depending on the part of the tunnel. really happy to see the reverb works now, not really a complaint, but more of a quest to see if I'm alone on this one or not

18. valdepro

valdepro
    Expand Collapse

(0.12) feedback: for some reason most of the cars are even quieter than after the original sound overhaul. Sometimes the turbo completely drowns out the engine sounds, and i have to up my pc volume by 10% and have the game at 100% to even hear the sounds nicely. I mainly experience this with cars that have 4-bangers (pessima, sunburst, covet) i just wish they would be louder, at least with the racing exhausts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

new semi truck sound is MUCH better but it's still missing the grunt you should hear with a diesel truck as well as the shutoff rattle.

20. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Some of the audio glitches are apparrently fixed, good thing. But, you still might wanna concider of adding slider for AI car volume, since even thou they are quite far away from you, their engine sounds tend to overlap/steal the entire soundspace, when they rev heavily. Or then you need to improve the overall soundspace feeling, so that cars on a distance would be quieter than cars in nearby.

21. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Question for the devs: Are there plans to utilize the unused sirens in the game? Are there more emergency vehicles planned?

Also, could the siren system be a bit different? The siren should be a separate button from the lights, and having the option to switch between tones would be nice aswell.

On another note, the new tunnel on WCA does not have reverb like the other tunnels.

Last but not least, are there plans to add a police air horn and a proper air horn for fire apparatus, seeing as Siren 12 is a Federal Q and all?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice