Are the Mirrors on the Grand Marshal Skinnable?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by YellowRusty, Oct 25, 2017.

1. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_00228.png

I finally got my first colourable skin working today, and boy am I excited! Right now, the only problem I have to resolve is getting the passenger-side mirror to match the passenger-side door.

Unfortunately, I can't find either of the mirrors in the UV map. Is there some corner of the map that controls the mirror colour, but just doesn't have the mesh showing?

2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

The mirrors should be within one of the windows (of the car) on the template.

And yes, they are skinnable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Well, This:
    upload_2017-10-24_19-23-32.png

Results in this:
    screenshot_00229.png

I don't know what the thing I've circled in black is supposed to be - if it's supposed to be the mirror, then I think this might actually be a bug.

4. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

Anything can be skinned when you know what you're doing

5. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

:)

Attached Files:

• fullsize.jpg
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Okay. If it can't be skinned in the UV map, and you have to go all the way down to the specular, diffuse, or normal map, then it's probably a bug.

screenshot_00239.png
    I've temporarily solved the problem by changing all three of them to match a skin that has black trim. Even better, I figured out how to use blank space in the Colour Palette map, so the Taxi door will stay yellow no matter what, while all three other colours are now controllable.

screenshot_00240.png
    What's weird is that no matter what I do, the main body and inside of all panels is the same colour as the upper portion of the passenger-side fender. I'd rather have it be the same colour as the main part of the car (blue in these pictures). Is this controlled by the specular, diffuse, or normal map?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice