Are conversions from other games allowed here?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by umatbro, Oct 8, 2017.

1. umatbro

umatbro
    Expand Collapse

If not, then please allow them, most other sties such as RaceDepartment, No Grip Racing and DrivingItalia allow conversions. I also hope that allowing conversions will help this game and its community grow.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I believe conversions are allowed as long as you have permission from the author of what is being converted.

Mods are not allowed on the mods page if they contain copyrighted material such as a brand name, however they may be posted on the forums in their respective subforum. This is due to copyright and other fun stuff you have to deal with when you have a mods page on the official website that acts as a DLC service for the game essentially.

If you are talking about conversions of models from other games, well, this is kind of iffy, however I believe they are still allowed to be done and posted unless the owner of the property asks for it to be taken down.
    These almost certainly have to be posted in the forums.

And then you have Rigs of Rods, which converting anything from there will result in severe backlash from the community without permission from the respective authors.

You really don't see conversions very often here though due to the sheer amount of work required to create a high quality mod for BeamNG.

The mesh is barely anything in BeamNG. Its merely a visual for the physics structure (JBeam) that is really interacting with the game environment. Its a lot harder to do a conversion from another game to BeamNG because you still have to do a huge amount of recreating just to get collision and proper handling and whatnot.

There is either a ton of editing, a ton of creating, or both, of JBeam files to even get a vehicle in the game correctly, that most people give up on it. Or on the other hand, it takes so long to do the work that people with full time jobs or going to school that they just simply do not have the time to create it.

I hope this helped.

Also, I don't think this is the right subforum for your topic, though I could be mistaken.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice