1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Anyone having this problem starting a new map ?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Artistterrymartin, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Pardon my French in this, hehe. Love the game BTW !
    Problem with Terrain being saved. - YouTube
    Import Terrain...
    upload_2021-10-5_13-24-11.png
    Imports fine.. upload_2021-10-5_13-24-42.png
    Reload level after saving level.....I am assuming is has to do with nobody being able to save terrain materials pending PBR 1.5 for weeks now somehow also interfering with terrain block creation. And its not just importing an exported terrain. Making a new terrain block does the same thing. This map East_Coast before deleting most everything if that matters at all.
    Seems like this happens reload the entire game not exiting level and reloading from main menu. Or its very random if it works or dont. Sometimes it loads right, sometime not.
    Since this issue is not happening on my other maps. I am about 50% sure I did something wrong. Deleted something I was not suppose too. But it is the first new map I tried to make since the save lockout on terrain materials so has me wandering if its related. Thanks in advance to anyone responding. Not that big a deal, I got plenty other things I can be working on other than this map.
    upload_2021-10-5_13-22-28.png

#1 Artistterrymartin, Oct 5, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  2. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Me and some friends decided East Coast just has issues when converting. Template map just does not have enough stuff on it. I would think there would be a better template map for modders to use that the devs could make in a later build. One with trees, more than 2 terrain paints, some meshes ect...

3. nekitu

nekitu
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

How did you created the level ?

4. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

The level was made by using the program find and replace to change out all the \levels\east_coast_usa
    to \levels\mynewmap for example.

Then deleted the terrain block and created a new one the first attempt. After painting it with terrain paint and coming back the textures where gone.
    I then deleted that block and imported an export from another map of mine through terrain tools import. It imported fine, textures where right... But after reloaded the game the textures where gone. Not missing or No Texture, just greyish green.

5. nekitu

nekitu
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

did this still happen ?
    btw, keep /Levels as /levels, code might be case sensitive in some parts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice